September 20, 2024, 03:43:54 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey hasn't it been a few years?

Started by Daddy, May 12, 2009, 04:39:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

While we're on the topic, how cool would it be if Nintendo released a new Mario game that ran on one of the NES Mario engines, and featured a level editor/creator for DS, and Co-op and battle modes, via WiFi and Multicart play <3

Well I can dream...

Hiro

Mario games are still great in 3D.
If anyone needs to go back to old-school, it's Sonic.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on May 13, 2009, 07:01:22 PM
Mario games are still great in 3D.
If anyone needs to go back to old-school, it's Sonic.

it's not about a need to, it's about the fact that it would work

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on May 13, 2009, 07:03:30 PM
it's not about a need to, it's about the fact that it would work
True, but I still say Sonic needs it.  baddood;

Daddy

Quote from: Geno on May 12, 2009, 05:56:20 PM
5 year cycle dude
hey idiot.

360 came out in november 2005.

november 2009 is in 6 months.

that's it's been 3 1/2 years.  they usually announce the new console, or at least some details about a year before launch.

Wii was announced at 2004 e3.  System was shown at E3 2005.  Controller was shown september 2005. system launched november 2006.

gamecube came out in 2001. so the system was announced 3 years after launched, shown 4 years later.

it's been about 3 years since the wii came out.

Geno

Quote from: Stupid fuck >:[ on May 14, 2009, 09:41:09 AM
hey idiot.

360 came out in november 2005.

november 2009 is in 6 months.

that's it's been 3 1/2 years.  they usually announce the new console, or at least some details about a year before launch.

Wii was announced at 2004 e3.  System was shown at E3 2005.  Controller was shown september 2005. system launched november 2006.

gamecube came out in 2001. so the system was announced 3 years after launched, shown 4 years later.

it's been about 3 years since the wii came out.
E3 is coming up dude!
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Daddy

Quote from: Geno on May 14, 2009, 09:42:40 AM
E3 is coming up dude!
okay what is your point.

that was the point i was making that a new console announcement should be soon. then you were like '5 year cycles' and i was like uh so.

well nintendo most likely isn't done milking the wii so i don't expect an announcement soon UNLESS they are going to pull the same 'third pillar' shit they did with the gameboy.

"no the ds isn't a replacement to the gameboy it's a third pillar" has anyone seen any gameboy announcements recently? games or consoles?  in reality nintendo said that to sell more gameboys before killing it off

Geno

Quote from: Stupid fuck >:[ on May 14, 2009, 10:00:53 AM
okay what is your point.

that was the point i was making that a new console announcement should be soon. then you were like '5 year cycles' and i was like uh so.

well nintendo most likely isn't done milking the wii so i don't expect an announcement soon UNLESS they are going to pull the same 'third pillar' shit they did with the gameboy.

"no the ds isn't a replacement to the gameboy it's a third pillar" has anyone seen any gameboy announcements recently? games or consoles?  in reality nintendo said that to sell more gameboys before killing it off
I dunno.
I doubt we'll be getting an announcement for a new console this year, if we do it will be suprising. I predict next year is going to be when they announce the new consoles
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

Back on topic, I don't think that new consoles are going to be released. People are still calling this gen of consoles, "The Next Gen" and honestly, there isn't very much that can be improved on. These current consoles still seem new and advanced, and I honestly can't see them releasing new consoles all together (although a PS3 slim or something of that sort has been rumored but that's pretty much the same thing.

Hiro

2011. Nintendo has no reason to make a new system yet, and the DSi just came out. PSP2 maybe?

Hiro

Uh what the fuck just happened, my phone deleted half my post. I'll edit it and delete this post when i get home in a minute

The artist formally known

We will be seeing this generation to be quite long, say 6 years at least. Some new consoles by 2012 at the earliest.

Go Up