September 05, 2024, 05:15:37 PM

1,531,308 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Started by Doodle, May 29, 2009, 09:31:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Doodle

Source

Taken from Kotaku:
QuoteSega continues to milk their blue hedgehog for all he's worth, with the announcement of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, which takes the world's fastest video game character and puts him in a car.

Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing, due out in 2010 for the Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo DS, is just what it sounds like. Much like Sega Superstars Tennis, the game gathers characters from Sega's most popular franchises and pits them against each other in a race to the finish line. Unlike other kart racing titles, Sonic and friends aren't limited to cars, with characters flying planes or racing motorcycles, which seems completely unfair to me, but there you go.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type" commented Gary Knight European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. "The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can't take anything for granted!

I'm actually willing to give this title the benefit of the doubt. I actually enjoyed Sega Superstars Tennis, and while some may rail about mishandling the Sonic property, this is exactly the sort of thing Nintendo has been doing with Mario for years. Our own personal feelings about the Sonic character aside, Sega is still a business, and if it sells, then by all means sell it.

Pics:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7KIeD1tNGo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Well, I have to say, the screens and the video do look nice. D:
Maybe this could be a decent game by Sega. With the three vehicle options, it kind of reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing.

NOA_Haunted

If you guys don't remember Sonic already has a few kart games out. I have one for my GameGear.

strongbad

Sonic R was the funniest thing ever.

Lex Luthor

All the sonic racing games i remember

Sonic Drift
sonic Drift 2
Sonic R
Sonic Riders
Sonic riders 2
Sonic Rivals
Sonic Rivals 2

Now this game,well we know hard core sonic fans are gonna buy it because its sonic.
Why am i still here?

Go Up