September 19, 2024, 04:47:39 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Started by Classic, May 14, 2009, 04:38:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box has been confirmed for a North American release.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173460

Ever since the debut title Professor Layton and the Curious Village launched in America, there's been an uncomfortable silence surrounding the remaining titles. Now, just as we were starting to get worried, it looks like we have our answer.

Following his presentation at the the Game Developers Conference, Level-5 President and CEO Akihiro Hino opened the floor to questions. Seizing the opportunity, one of the questioners asked directly if the remaining Layton titles would be coming to America.

According to Hino, "We would like for all six Layton games to eventually come to America and Europe."

In fact, it seems that the second game in the series, now titled Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, is being localized as we speak. Hino said that he hopes it will be out in six months, with the remaining games in the series to follow every six months after that.

Both Diabolical Box and the first trilogy finale, The Last Time Travel, have seen release in Japan. On March 11, a new entry titled The Devil's Flute was announced, which appears to kick off an entirely new trilogy. With Professor Layton media steadily expanding and a feature film in the works, it's perhaps not so surprising that the remaining Layton games would eventually make it over to the west.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village was an amazing game, so I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
I think it's strange that the title went from "Pandora's Box" to "Diabolical Box". Must be taboo or something...
Anyone who hasn't played the first one needs to now.

Placebo Headwound

I have the first one.

But I never got past right after you enter the mansion. :(

Classic

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on May 14, 2009, 05:19:01 AM
I have the first one.

But I never got past right after you enter the mansion. :(

FINISH IT

It's a great game.

Go Up