September 12, 2024, 01:54:50 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Look what I just bought.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, April 15, 2009, 11:15:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

http://korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=128

I fell into a little bit of unexpected money recently and decided to truck back out to guitar center for one of these baddies.

I was looking for some vintage sound for a project I've been working on. Just a little bit of background noise.  Turns out, this is a pretty powerful little piece. Very deep sound.

Plus, building patches is pretty easy and is ridiculously versatile.

I nabbed a boss rc2 looping pedal too for some added groovability.

Funky funky.

Anyone else have any experience with korg?

russell

I've used microKorgs quite a bit, and have owned a number of vintage korgs... currently just a Poly-61 though.

in my opinion you should return the piece of junk and get a Roland SH-201 instead, it's about the same price, full-size, has (arguably) better sounds, and more cool features  akudood;

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/sh201.php

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I looked at the Sh201.

I do prefer the micro's interface and the portability, despite the pinky sized keys.

Keep in mind I'm not looking to create pure electronic music here. I just needed something to toy around with for a little project. Just something to compliment.

The presets on this thing are a fucking joke though. And the mic they give you is muddy.

Still, it gets done what I wanted it to get done and it does so with ease.

russell

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on April 16, 2009, 06:03:15 PM
I looked at the Sh201.

I do prefer the micro's interface and the portability, despite the pinky sized keys.

Keep in mind I'm not looking to create pure electronic music here. I just needed something to toy around with for a little project. Just something to compliment.

The presets on this thing are a fucking joke though. And the mic they give you is muddy.

Still, it gets done what I wanted it to get done and it does so with ease.

I guess if portability is a big thing then it is nice, although I'm used to tenor saxophones so I don't really mind lugging around full-size synths.

I just really like the full keyboard and split options the SH-201 has, and the controls are very much like a real analog synth (like my poly-61 which I love dearly) which is nice

Josh

l a c e y

Go Up