August 21, 2024, 06:48:14 AM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

An idea for a movie

Started by The artist formally known, April 04, 2009, 06:08:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

The first 20 minutes is the story of a blind guy, not 100% blind, but very blind. He was born this way. The film is usually dark and hard to see just as if you were blind.

Near the 20 minute mark he undergoes an operation that makes him able to see, slowly the theater is filled with light, brighter and brighter until it's blinding white and then fades back to the normal and his life continues from there.

He finds out a plot twist near the end. That maybe someone used him for his blindness and he had not known it. The first 20 minutes would be extremely risky to produce because it's a film that doesn't use film for those parts.

Samus Aran

20 minutes might be a bit much. You can't bore your audiences for the sake of art. I'd go for more like 5 or maybe up to 10 minutes, but you better damn well have some excellent dialogue or voice-overs to fill that void and set up the film.

sans culottes

I agree with the twenty minutes part. Also, I think it might just run too much on the gimmick of seeing as if you're blind and then seeing clearly. Unless everything else is good, it's a one-trick pony.
I support BUSH

Veal

Depends on how well the plot is. That first 20 minutes is essentially a book on tape, and you know how much people dislike reading now.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I think it'd be a little hard to translate, even if you were aiming directly at the artsy crowd.

What if it was more of a metaphorical kind of blindness, or a different type?

Maybe he/she's involved in some accident which includes head trauma and wakes up to find the way he/she visually perceives the world  has changed. Like skew the color palette and make orange look green and blue look red. Main character has to relearn the way to react to their surroundings. Blah blah.

Utilizing color somehow instead of darkness would make it more approachable, I think.

Hiro

make it so everything is visible except people's faces.
Just black over them.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The artist formally known

Quote from: Hïro on April 04, 2009, 11:36:10 PM
make it so everything is visible except people's faces.
Just black over them.
That would be neat. This "blind" person won't be 100% blind. You can see a little but everything is very very very dark.

Andrew1911

Go Up