July 15, 2024, 08:20:56 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best Album by your favorite bands?

Started by Wrench, March 29, 2009, 03:36:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Boyah makes me feel like a loser for not having money or not pirating a lot of music. :(  But I'll say my favorite Mando Diao album is Never Seen the Light of Day

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

March 30, 2009, 05:23:44 AM #16 Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:03:09 AM by Craven Morehead
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Depeche Mode - Exciter
David Byrne - Rei Momo
My Morning Jacket - Z
r.e.m. - Automatic For The People

Zach

Quote from: coz on March 29, 2009, 11:28:06 PM
Fuck yeah, Clapton! I love his music, but I'm more into Derek & The Dominos, Blind Faith, or Cream over his solo music. It's probably because Duane Allman, Steve Winwood, and Jack Bruce go great with Clapton.

Truth. Clapton's solo music is good, but his best work comes from when he was in a band.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Zach on March 30, 2009, 06:00:36 AM
Truth. Clapton's solo music is good, but his best work comes from when he was in a band.

Agreed. I can't say I'm in the mood to listen to Cream or Derek a whole lot, but when I do get in the mood I go crazy on it and it's way better than his solo work.

I have to admit Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs bored me upon first listen, but it's grown on me very nicely.

Wrench

Quote from: Kaz on March 29, 2009, 10:21:43 PM
Radiohead - Kid A

I borrowed that from the library like 2 months ago. I couldn't stand the band at all. The only song I like by them is Creep which isn't even on that album.

Hiro

Quote from: Wrenchninja on March 30, 2009, 06:49:59 PM
I borrowed that from the library like 2 months ago. I couldn't stand the band at all. The only song I like by them is Creep which isn't even on that album.
That's their worst song by far  baddood;

Wrench

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on March 30, 2009, 07:25:59 PM
That's their worst song by far  baddood;

I dunno about their worst song, but definitely their worst hit song, yes.

Kid A is an electronic and prog album with a hint of alternative rock. It's nothing at all like what Radiohead did previously in their alternative rock years, which is where "Creep" came from.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kaz on March 30, 2009, 08:25:42 AM
Agreed. I can't say I'm in the mood to listen to Cream or Derek a whole lot, but when I do get in the mood I go crazy on it and it's way better than his solo work.

I have to admit Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs bored me upon first listen, but it's grown on me very nicely.

Same with me, in fact. First listen of Layla and I had little interest. I revisited it a few months later and was absolutely in love. Also, March 30, wooh, happy birthday, Eric. Hoping to see him live this summer.
I support BUSH

FAMY2

The one that I play the most would be Eminem Encore.   baddood;

Selkie

I really don't have favorite bands in any order, besides the Mars Volta being favorite, but whatev...

Mars Volta - Frances the Mute/De-Loused (still can't decide)

Marvin Gaye - I Want You

Muse - Showbiz

Bloc Party - Intimacy

Kings of Leon - Only By the Night

Radiohead - In Rainbows

TV On the Radio - Dear Science

U2 - The Joshua Tree

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry

YPrrrr

I agree with this wholeheartedly

l a c e y

thezerofire

the faint - Danse Macabre
Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Does It Offend You, Yeah? - You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Beck - The Information

Go Up