September 19, 2024, 04:24:27 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how do you take care of paint brushes

Started by superclucky, April 10, 2009, 01:01:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

superclucky

i've already ruined 3 and they are barely functional  cjlubdoods;

are you suppose to dry them and use your fingers to mold them and then let them dry completely  akudood;
kewns are smelly

Daddy

dip them in water.
get the paint off
and yes then do that

superclucky

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on April 10, 2009, 01:03:55 PM
dip them in water.
get the paint off
and yes then do that
wrong
what are you lacey?
kewns are smelly

Daddy

russell

Get brush cleaner. It comes in small round flat containers, it's specialized brush soap.

You first swish the brush around in water to get the excess paint off, then dry the excess water, swirl the brush in the brush cleaner for a bit (follow the cleaner's instructions), swirl/rinse in water again, then re-mould the brush. If it's a small brush use the crease in your palm and twist the brush as you pull it out, if it's a flat brush smooth it against something, if it's a large round brush use dexterity.

superclucky

Quote from: wziard on April 12, 2009, 10:34:25 AM
Get brush cleaner. It comes in small round flat containers, it's specialized brush soap.

You first swish the brush around in water to get the excess paint off, then dry the excess water, swirl the brush in the brush cleaner for a bit (follow the cleaner's instructions), swirl/rinse in water again, then re-mould the brush. If it's a small brush use the crease in your palm and twist the brush as you pull it out, if it's a flat brush smooth it against something, if it's a large round brush use dexterity.
is paint thinner just as good ;________;
kewns are smelly

russell

Quote from: Stupid Whore/Slut and a Nymphet on April 12, 2009, 10:37:50 AM
is paint thinner just as good ;________;

NO

wtf.

paint/lacquer thinner is basically gasoline. for really big, shitty, bristly, strong brushes you can use it, but for anything fine or that needs to hold a shape, use water and brush cleaner only.

superclucky

Quote from: wziard on April 12, 2009, 11:45:19 AM
NO

wtf.

paint/lacquer thinner is basically gasoline. for really big, shitty, bristly, strong brushes you can use it, but for anything fine or that needs to hold a shape, use water and brush cleaner only.
oh ok <3
my art teacher lied to me ;_;
kewns are smelly

russell

Quote from: Stupid Whore/Slut and a Nymphet on April 12, 2009, 12:50:23 PM
oh ok <3
my art teacher lied to me ;_;

like I said you can use it for huge or junk brushes, but for nice ones you need brush cleaner. I use Winsor & Newton series 7 which are like $20-30 a brush so CARE IS IMPORTANT

Daphnia

I just swish them around in a cup of water, then squeeze the water out with my fingers.

This works for me, as I have brushes from 10 years ago that I still use.

Just keep them moving, or rinse them off before the paint begins to dry.

Go Up