June 16, 2024, 04:39:00 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for the religious

Started by Houdini, May 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 22, 2009, 06:22:47 PM
yes.

What, to you, makes your religion more plausible/true than other religions?

I don't think my religion is more plausible. It just makes more sense to me, for some reason. It really appeals to me, and that's the reason why I believe. If anything, the reason why I feel it's more true is because I just feel like it's right. I have no other explanation than that.

Like I've said before, it's a choice.

Zach

Quote from: Houdini on April 22, 2009, 05:10:11 PM
Do you think the world would be an overall better place if everyone was a member of your religion, or do you think it would be more or less the same?

If everyone was interested in truly following the teachings of Christ (which most, including myself, don't really do), then the world would be a much better place. Christ taught that we should be kind, gentle, forgiving, and non-violent.

QuoteDo you consider yourself morally superior to people of other religions? If so, why?

No - as a Christian, one is no different from anyone else except that their sin has been forgiven by God. They will still struggle with sin in their life, but they will be accepted by the Father into Heaven.

QuoteWould you ever consider converting to another religion? If so, which ones seem attractive to you?

No.

QuoteIf, in the future, science somehow conclusively proved that your beliefs are untrue, would you still believe in them?

Yes.

YPrrrr

Hey, if any of you religious folks feel like answering some more questions, I have a few things I'm curious about:

Do you think the world would be an overall better place if everyone was a member of your religion, or do you think it would be more or less the same?
Possibly... if everyone was under one religion which preached peace then perhaps the world would be improved ideally... although it's also possible that a theocratic society would just lead to oppression of those deemed sinful. I don't really want this scenerio to occur, if that's what you're asking
Do you consider yourself morally superior to people of other religions? If so, why?

Not really... maybe above "religions" like the Westboro Baptist Church which is founded on hate. As far as I'm concerned most of them are morally sound
Would you ever consider converting to another religion? If so, which ones seem attractive to you?

Not really... I mean I don't think you really need to be under a specific group to be able to believe what you want. I think organized religion is useful in that it forms a community who more or less share the same principles who can get together and discuss how they can go about improving themselves and the world around them.

If, in the future, science somehow conclusively proved that your beliefs are untrue, would you still believe in them?
I guess not, but I don't see that situation ever occurring

Indigo

1. Why do you believe in your religion out of all the religions out there?
I want something to believe in and I can agree with some of the guidelines and philosophical guidelines that come with my religion for living a proper life, yet I choose to make my own decisions I still do let my religion have say in my decision. It's a rule set and something for me to have faith in. I don't have to follow it, and like any Christian I've sinned. Part of life, but I can try not to do it so often. Live life.

2. Have you ever considered partaking in a religion other than the one you were raised to believe in?
Considered Atheism, but I chose to be Christianity in in the end. It probably is because I was raised into it, but I'm really not hurting anybody by being a Christian. I have to have faith in my religion, and I may not go to church every single week, but I'm still a Christian. I try to be and it's just my life.
[/quote]

6M69I69B9

- Nothing=Neutral=/=Bad
- Archeologists' findings.
(I once watched this Educational Geographic movie where some archeologists claimed to have been near where the Garden of Eden was said to be found, with their results of their research. They said that...(memory's fading)that they felt they were in the place, because they've experienced such a beautiful environment and it was very peaceful.)
- Historians' findings.
- I believe in God.

Telemantros and Dr. William Lane Craig strengthened my beliefs.

2. Have you ever considered partaking in a religion/philosophy other than the one you were raised to believe in?

Buddhism
Athiesm
Nihilist
Evolutionist

Anyway, I'm not too religious, but I'll always believe that there is a god.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Daddy

Quote from: Original_MIB on April 27, 2009, 01:59:37 PM

- Nothing=Neutral=/=Bad
wut.
Nothing != Neutral
Nothing = Lack of anything.
Neutral = Neither good or bad.
therefore:
Lack of anything != Neither good or bad
also
!= || ≠ > =/=

Quote- Archeologists' findings.
(I once watched this Educational Geographic movie where some archeologists claimed to have been near where the Garden of Eden was said to be found, with their results of their research. They said that...(memory's fading)that they felt they were in the place, because they've experienced such a beautiful environment and it was very peaceful.)

wut.
Are you referring to this? because The Daily Mail is full of bullshit(not just on this. It's borderline tabloid. )
As for archeological finds where someone claims to actually find a magical bible land, the archeologist is usually ridiculed and not taken seriously and for good reason.
I've been some beautiful, peaceful woods around here. It doesn't mean that I found the Garden of Eden.

Quote- Historians' findings.
Like what? People living in the Americas hundreds thousands of years before God supposedly made the world?
oh but it's not a literal creation story jmv except how the previous part how i used the garden of eden as my argument. akudood;

Quote- I believe in God.

Other religions believe in a God too. What makes you so sure yours are just as accurate?

QuoteTelemantros
wut.
magneto
What the fuck is a telemantros

Quoteand Dr. William Lane Craig strengthened my beliefs.
Like I said before, Craig uses silly arguments based on circular logic and no actual facts.

2. Have you ever considered partaking in a religion/philosophy other than the one you were raised to believe in?
OH BOY

QuoteBuddhism

ok
QuoteAthiesm
atheism also buddhism is atheism and okay nothing really to argue here. i see what i'm going to lol at

QuoteNihilist
ok

QuoteEvolutionist
ok here it is:
lol
How is a scientific theory* a philosophy or religion?  It says nothing about the creation of life, how one should live his life, what comes after life, etc.
One can be a Christian and accept evolution. One can be a Muslim and accept evolution. "" a jew "". blah.

*not the same as a regular theory. same word different meaning
Anyway, I'm not too religious, but I'll always believe that there is a god.
so why christianity?

what makes multiple cases of divine intervention/genocide, a virgin birth,  a God incarnate, rising from the dead, and so on more believable than, say Hinduism?  What stops you from being a Muslim where the only difference in theology is the belief that Jesus did not die on the cross and that Mohammed was their profit?  Or Judaism where they do not believe that their messiah has arrived? Islam and Christianity are both retarded as fuck, to me, but Islam is a bit less batshit insane. Rather than believe in God in the flesh, they believe that Jesus was just bestowed his powers by God and whatnot.

And why any religion at all? Why not Deism where God does not interfere?  What makes Christianity the truth above all other beliefs?

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on April 27, 2009, 02:46:58 PM

CHA CHINGGGGGGG
okay how is that any less believable than
aaron
noah
moses
david
abraham
john
jonah
elijah
daniel
enoch
nathan
solomon
ezekial

uhm there are more but i'm too lazy to remember them.

how is just one more prophet suddenly untrue?

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: µΩ on April 27, 2009, 02:54:07 PM
okay how is that any less believable than
aaron
noah
moses
david
abraham
john
jonah
elijah
daniel
enoch
nathan
solomon
ezekial

uhm there are more but i'm too lazy to remember them.

how is just one more prophet suddenly untrue?

you completely missed what i was pointing out  doodthing;
i mean it was pretty obvious by saying 'cha ching' i dont know what you think i meant when i said that
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on April 27, 2009, 03:01:15 PM
you completely missed what i was pointing out  doodthing;
i guess i did.

oh okay so you ignored an entire post for a single typo in serious discussion forgive me for thinking you were making an actual argument  akudood;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 27, 2009, 03:02:30 PM
i guess i did.

oh okay so you ignored an entire post for a single typo in serious discussion forgive me for thinking you were making an actual argument  akudood;

what did you think i meant
also i hardly ever make actual arguments  :3

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on April 27, 2009, 03:03:36 PM
what did you think i meant
also i hardly ever make actual arguments  :3
that a difference of one prophet is what made towelism more believable than nun-ism.

Slim

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 27, 2009, 03:04:49 PM
that a difference of one prophet is what made towelism more believable than nun-ism.

No, that Mohammed was the most profitable one of all.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Daddy

Quote from: Slim on April 27, 2009, 03:09:00 PM
No, that Mohammed was the most profitable one of all.
i think jesus was.

zing

get it that was a joke about the christian churches being run as businesses

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 27, 2009, 02:40:35 PM
wut.
Nothing != Neutral
Nothing = Lack of anything.
Neutral = Neither good or bad.
therefore:
Lack of anything != Neither good or bad
also
!= || ≠ > =/=
wut.
Are you referring to this? because The Daily Mail is full of bullshit(not just on this. It's borderline tabloid. )
As for archeological finds where someone claims to actually find a magical bible land, the archeologist is usually ridiculed and not taken seriously and for good reason.
I've been some beautiful, peaceful woods around here. It doesn't mean that I found the Garden of Eden.
Like what? People living in the Americas hundreds thousands of years before God supposedly made the world?
oh but it's not a literal creation story jmv except how the previous part how i used the garden of eden as my argument. akudood;
Other religions believe in a God too. What makes you so sure yours are just as accurate?

wut.
magneto
What the fuck is a telemantros

Like I said before, Craig uses silly arguments based on circular logic and no actual facts.

OH BOY

okatheism also buddhism is atheism and okay nothing really to argue here. i see what i'm going to lol at
ok
ok here it is:
lol
How is a scientific theory* a philosophy or religion?  It says nothing about the creation of life, how one should live his life, what comes after life, etc.
One can be a Christian and accept evolution. One can be a Muslim and accept evolution. "" a jew "". blah.

*not the same as a regular theory. same word different meaningso why christianity?

what makes multiple cases of divine intervention/genocide, a virgin birth,  a God incarnate, rising from the dead, and so on more believable than, say Hinduism?  What stops you from being a Muslim where the only difference in theology is the belief that Jesus did not die on the cross and that Mohammed was their profit?  Or Judaism where they do not believe that their messiah has arrived? Islam and Christianity are both retarded as fuck, to me, but Islam is a bit less batshit insane. Rather than believe in God in the flesh, they believe that Jesus was just bestowed his powers by God and whatnot.

And why any religion at all? Why not Deism where God does not interfere?  What makes Christianity the truth above all other beliefs?

1. Lack of any action.

2. Not, it's not that. The video I was referring to was in my school during Global Studies.

I don't think that trying to go to a designated location based on a reliable source isn't the same as thinking that some other random places that you went to were beautiful, and then saying that it's not the Garden of Eden when you didn't even have that in mind.

3. They try to see if Jesus really existed. But then again, I just realized that even if he existed, he may have been claiming to be having these kinds of supernatrual powers that may not have existed.

4. Funny that you came up with this. I haven't studied well.

5. YouTuber. Also, why do you have to be aggressive while asking? About Dr. WLC, why is he looked at all the time? I suggest you watch some of his debates with some Athiests. Especially the one with Peter Atkins.

6. Evolutionism as a philosophy? Silly me, what a mistake. I didn't mean to, but oh well. Also, I forgot Deism.

7."what makes multiple cases of divine intervention/genocide, a virgin birth,  a God incarnate, rising from the dead, and so on more believable than, say Hinduism?  What stops you from being a Muslim where the only difference in theology is the belief that Jesus did not die on the cross and that Mohammed was their profit?  Or Judaism where they do not believe that their messiah has arrived? Islam and Christianity are both retarded as fuck, to me, but Islam is a bit less batshit insane. Rather than believe in God in the flesh, they believe that Jesus was just bestowed his powers by God and whatnot.

And why any religion at all? Why not Deism where God does not interfere?  What makes Christianity the truth above all other beliefs?"

Why be so offensive? Anyway, you may classify me more as a retard when I saw "Search Telemantros and WLC, try to have contact with Telemantros after watching his videos (Which you may call bullshit and not even attempt to watch.) or try and debate with some people in the WLC forums. I've thought of Deism, too. But, I'm doing some research than being lazy and saying religion is a lie and just calling Deism.

I'm still young, and I've got a lot of ways to go. Not my excuse, but it's honestly the truth. I'm still learning. You ask me as if I know everything, a sixteen year old teenager. I believe in one thing where I'm not too fond of it, although it is my belief, I don't know everything behind it and still am unstable, but am willing to learn even if it has a possibility where it becomes a false religion.

While it seems as if you know you've figured out everything, find a place where you can debate with some Theists and their beliefs than dwelling in Boyah, or even learn something, I guess. Debating with teenagers than some adults (I'd say 24-30) that may have much more knowledge than me.

Lol at unnecessary suggestions.

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up