October 02, 2024, 01:37:37 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

sunrise the other morning

Started by russell, February 07, 2009, 03:10:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

I was driving to school the other morning and the sunrise was awesome... so I grabbed by D40x from the backseat and took about 40 photos (yes while driving), here's one of the better ones. it is HDR however the actual tones of the sky have been edited very little

[img]http://boyah.net/images/February-Morning-1.jpg[/img]

also isn't this suburb awesome with its funny towers there  doodhuh;

l a c e y

russell

Quote from: Liopleurodon on February 07, 2009, 03:29:40 PM
how early do you wake up.

wake up at 6:18, leave my house around 7, by the time this photo was taken it was like 7:12.

l a c e y

holy jesus.
that's terrible.
i used to have to wake up at 6 for a job i had.
then i quit, now i wake up at 8.
but it's odd that the sun didin't rise more then that at that time.

russell

Quote from: Liopleurodon on February 07, 2009, 03:33:18 PM
holy jesus.
that's terrible.
i used to have to wake up at 6 for a job i had.
then i quit, now i wake up at 8.
but it's odd that the sun didin't rise more then that at that time.

yeah my dad's house is 25 minutes from school and more if I don't illegally drive in the carpool lane

it actually is risen a bit more than it seems like, since that highway I'm on goes up a hill that's like 2 miles long and very gradually sloped but once you get to the top you look down on the eastern skyline (I'm driving east)

l a c e y

oooh.
yeah it takes about 20 minutes to get to my school from my town.
but our school doesn't start until 9.
oh it looks pretty anyways.
i really like when it's night time and the sun is setting and they sky is like a light pink/orange color.

Selkie

At certain times of the year the sun comes up on the last stretch of road I am on to reach my school when I am driving there in the morning, which is directly west, so in my rear view mirror I can see the sun rising and it is beautiful.

Also, about a week ago it was perfect because when I went to work at nights (around 5:00), the sun was in front of me, and it was on the spot on the horizon basically at the bottom that makes it look HUGE somehow, and so I saw it falling behind the hills of my town in a great orange glow and really big.

Go Up