October 03, 2024, 09:33:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Am I the only one who does this?

Started by Daddy, January 16, 2009, 09:12:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

When I first listen to an album, I will focus the instrumentals or lyrics for the first play through. Second time through, I focus on the lyrics or instrumentals(opposite of what I did the first time), then third I just listen to it normally.

It helps me get a better appreciation for the music.  giggle;

Does anyone else do this or am I just fucking weird?

YPrrrr

I usually just listen to the music instrumentals first and then the lyrics become more clear to me the more I listen to it. But this doesnt always hold true, so I don't know

Samus Aran

I try to take in as much as I can every time I listen, as in like noticing all the layers and such, but sometimes I tend to pay more attention to one than another. But I never do it in any particular order or anything.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Paranoid Pancake on January 16, 2009, 09:26:31 PM
I try to take in as much as I can every time I listen, as in like noticing all the layers and such, but sometimes I tend to pay more attention to one than another. But I never do it in any particular order or anything.

Same here. I usually just like to try and take it all in at once. Of course, this also means I sometimes won't like an album on a first listen. Then, I delete it. One of these albums I deleted was You Forgot It In People. This is why I don't really recommend my strategy.

Dullahan

When I listen to rap, I usually focus on the beat, and then the lyrics.

Skylark

I listened to it as a whole, that is how I determine whether or not I like it. Later I focus on little things.
the book of right on

Houdini

I sort of pick and choose, determining what I like and don't like. By the time the album is over I'll have evaluated every distinct aspect of the album and will be able to reach a verdict as to whether or not I like it.

l a c e y

Quote from: Sponge on January 17, 2009, 02:26:53 PM
When I listen to rap, I usually focus on the beat, and then the lyrics.

you're a champ.
i do this too.

Go Up