April 27, 2024, 02:20:01 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Spirit + previews.

Started by :atomsk:, January 04, 2009, 10:57:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

:atomsk:

I was very dissapointed.
I've always liked these movies based off of Frank Miller's work because they were very visually interesting. I expected more in that sense. Also, like Sin City and 300, too much cheezy, overly dramatic narration and dialogue. Some scenes just seemed to lag and drag on forever. I wanted more action and some stuff was just completely pointless and the ridiculous egg talk...  baddood; Sooome of the acting wasn't bad. The cast was pretty good, it was just... the parts the actors had didn't display their full potential... barely any of it. It's sad to say, but I think i enjoyed the previews more than the movie.

Previews consisted of: 'X-Men:Origins', 'The Watchmen', and 'A Haunting in Connecticut'
X-Men Origins WILL be awesome because it's got Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, along with Gambit and Deadpool portrayed my some other guys.
Watchmen looks like it might turn out a little like The Spirit in a boring sense. I hope they do a good job.
Haunting in Conneticut appears suprisingly origional by the looks of the preview. Pretty creepy, looks like it'll definately mix thing up a bit.

russell

Watchmen is Zach Snyder, yes? Or am I completely wrong? He doesn't have a particularly bad track record.

The thing about Sin City was that while Frank Miller was billed as a director, he really didn't do anything except suck Robert Rodriguez's dick every now and then. He had close to nothing to do with that movie besides art inspiration.

The Spirit is what happens when you let Frank Miller do whatever the fuck he wants. Jesus Christ, that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Definitely my Worst Film nomination for this year's Razzie...

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I liked the spirit.

I found the bald guys hilarious.

In fact, most of the acting is hilarious.

KonohaShinobi

My older sister saw it, said it was shit except for Sam Jackson's bits.

Eva Mendez was the only one i thought did a good job. and she wasn't even THAT great.
Samuel Jackson was weird. He was ok, but his dialogue and everything was dumb. A buttload of cheap shitty jokes.

Quote from: 'Ð½Ð¾',кел on January 05, 2009, 04:59:13 AM
Watchmen is Zach Snyder, yes? Or am I completely wrong? He doesn't have a particularly bad track record.

Yes, Zach Snyder. Watchmen looks amazing... i'm just scared it's gonna let me down like so many others before...  >.<
I hope it's a long movie so it can display all the awesomeness it deserves.

Commander Fuckass

were there any eva mendez tits
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up