October 06, 2024, 11:21:24 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Runescape

Started by Terran SCV, December 25, 2008, 08:48:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Terran SCV

I PLAY RUNESCAPE AND I AM NOT AFRAID OF ADMittin - ok, never mind. Let the flames of hate bog me down until I cry.

Anyways, onto the real discussion behind this topic. What is the problem with everyone flaming and catgorizing Runescape as a "childish, awful, boring" game? Sure, it is repetitious, but that doesn't mean anything. A lot of vidya games out there are repetitive, especially in the category of (MMO)RPGs.

These are the main reasons I think people really have a grudge against Runescape, and following it are my comments/defences:

• Runescape has very low-quality graphics.

• My donkey! Go take a look at it right now. I dare you to play in High Detail. Yeah, it will blow your minds. People who quit Runescape pre-2008 because of bad graphics will now begin to realize that in fact, Runescape is changing.

• Runescape is for kids.

• So what? Club Penguin is for kids, and I know lots of people who play it (or am I just in the wrong environment?  n_u) (this was a very bad argument, tyvm)

• Runescape lags. A lot.

• Uhhh, that would be your internet connection. Either that or you play in "Unsigned Applet Mode".

• Runescape is coded in Java.

• Ok, I haven't heard this argument very much out there on teh internets, but it is a very, very good one at that. Yes, Runescape is made in Java, an OOP language. Guess what? WOW is made from an OOP language (read: C++). Many other games are made in OO languages, just not Java. However, what I don't have a defence for is that since Runescape is made from Java, many see Java merely as a language that people utilize to make various simple applets. Basically, they are underestimating what lengths Java can actually go to when used properly and/or used with creativity.

Well, that is my rant.

If you do happen to play Runescape, my username is Juicebox360. I am a mage pure.
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

Tomboh

[wave]i was a strg pure but i got pkd and i ned 35k to buy rune scimy and i need blak pl8 and kite kthx if you can giv 2 me[/wave]

[flashy]btw i have rune ess if u want its 1k for 500 or if u cud gic pots[/flashy]

h*** *** ****y** * *

o sry typo.  ment to say "hey how are you"

Terran SCV

Quote from: Tom(boh) M. Riddle on December 25, 2008, 09:02:38 PM
[wave]i was a strg pure but i got pkd and i ned 35k to buy rune scimy and i need blak pl8 and kite kthx if you can giv 2 me[/wave]

[flashy]btw i have rune ess if u want its 1k for 500 or if u cud gic pots[/flashy]

h*** *** ****y** * *

o sry typo.  ment to say "hey how are you"

Oh, I have forgotten about the ludicrous quality of the chat filters.

By the by, you have a 3k trade limit on items now...
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

Go Up