October 06, 2024, 11:27:20 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Speed Run: Every Pokemon; 72 hours

Started by KonohaShinobi, December 19, 2008, 03:37:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lotos

You can only migrate once a day.  Can they really get all 491 into D/P in only 3 days?

StarPilot

Quote from: Lotos on December 22, 2008, 10:37:15 AM
You can only migrate once a day.  Can they really get all 491 into D/P in only 3 days?
The only "non-legit" thing they're doing is setting the DS and Wii clocks ahead 24 hours after each transfer/migration to speed things up.

Also, the Ruby file got corrupted, costing them 30 hours and about 50 pokemon that were exclusive to that particular file. saddood;

Claquesous

Quote from: StarPilot on December 22, 2008, 01:42:18 PM
The only "non-legit" thing they're doing is setting the DS and Wii clocks ahead 24 hours after each transfer/migration to speed things up.

Also, the Ruby file got corrupted, costing them 30 hours and about 50 pokemon that were exclusive to that particular file. saddood;

I wish I was there to see it happen, but I went to bed "early" because of a massive headache and that sort of thing, so I missed it.

StarPilot

So more stuff that happened: They fucked up Battle Mountain to get Ho-oh by not registering the team on Colosseum or something. Not only did they lose 5 hours of progress but it also took them another 10 or so hours because they didn't take the second playthrough as fast and the guy doing it was somewhat clueless (Psychic on Dark types for example). One of them mistook Fire Red for Ruby and for about a minute they thought Ruby was fixed until they realized it was Fire Red. One of them had a massive fart or something which caused all of them to leave the house for like 5 minutes. After like 2 in the morning they started playing music from YouTube and stuff which really lagged the feed for me.

In the end at about 10 am Central (when I was asleep) they finished the marathon stream with about 420 Pokemon in the Dex including the ones lost from Ruby and over $5,800 donated. They will finish the Diamond cart by recapturing the Pokemon from the lost Ruby save. And the person who won the Diamond cart was someone who donated $2. The highest donator was someone called CheHansen who donated over $550, $400 of which was for the naming of the Rayquaza lost on the Ruby cart.

bluaki

December 23, 2008, 08:16:41 PM #19 Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:24:21 PM by bluaki
Quote from: StarPilot on December 21, 2008, 01:44:35 PM
Because they're not doing that. The only games they're playing are the following: Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, Pokémon Colosseum + American and Japanese Bonus Discs, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and Pokémon Ranch.
I believe that was part of the point I was making.
What about the first Pokemon Ranger? Don't they need that to get Manaphy/Phione?

Go Up