October 06, 2024, 11:32:51 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE OKAMI!!!

Started by KonohaShinobi, December 16, 2008, 12:37:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

After beating Twilight Princess (The first 3-D Zelda and zelda game period, I have ever beaten) I popped in Okami into my Wii noticing a small scratch with an unknown origin. I did not think it would affect the game, then BAM, "The Wii cannot read the disc etc. etc. read the manual."

SON OF A BITCH! I tried my old tricks of getting PS2 games to work when the PS2 wouldn't read it (Apply water/spit then wipe off the disc) and that would usually work, but NOT FOR OKAMI. Every other game works so I know it's the disc :(

ITT: your experience/tips and tricks about broken/scratched games

Nyerp

that's what you get for buying the IGN LOGO NO PAPER TEXTURE version

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Do you wipe the disc in a circle or straight line?

because you are supposed to do it in a straight line.

Also, you can by scratch repair stuff at wal-mart or soemwhere.

Samus Aran

Just buy some of that scratch filler stuff or get a disk resurfacer. Or toothpaste works too I hear.

Also, I have no experience with scratched game disks...I take good care of my disks. The only disk game that ever went wrong was Metroid Prime, but that seems to just be because every once in a blue moon the game is prone to freezing on elevator sequences (probably due to the massive fucking amounts of loading during them).

Oh actually, now that I think of it, GHIII sometimes doesn't read, but I dunno why, because if I take it out and put it back in it works just fine. And the disk is in near-perfect condition.

Claquesous

Quote from: Kaz on December 16, 2008, 02:31:13 PM
The only disk game that ever went wrong was Metroid Prime, but that seems to just be because every once in a blue moon the game is prone to freezing on elevator sequences

Yeah, that's just a glitch. It was fixed in the later versions of the game.

When I was first playing Twilight Princess, I was in the middle of the Temple of Time when it froze. I hadn't saved for a good 30 minutes, and when I turned it back on, it wouldn't read the disk. I just went to sleep out of frustration because what if my Wii was defective? It worked the next morning though. It still freezes sometimes, usually when I'm using the internet, and sometimes it also can't read a disk, but I just take it out and put it back in and it works fine.

Kalahari Inkantation

For some odd reason, my Wii won't read my copy of Melee, but my GameCube will. My Wii plays all other GameCube games just fine except for that one. akudood;

Josh

If it makes you feel any better, the Wii Okami isn't much better than the PS2 one.

Hiro

Is it maybe because you are a homosexual?

Quote from: TheKingsRoyalBaker on December 17, 2008, 03:42:38 PM
If it makes you feel any better, the Wii Okami isn't much better than the PS2 one.
PS2 Okami is amazing, I hear the Wii version is worse.

Wrench

Try flushing it in the toilet. Seriously. It won't go down.

strongbad

Quote from: Wrenchninja on December 17, 2008, 06:04:50 PM
Try flushing it in the toilet. Seriously. It won't go down.

That actually sounds like a decent idea, or I'm just retarded.
Does it really work?

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on December 17, 2008, 03:48:56 PM
PS2 Okami is amazing, I hear the Wii version is worse.

What? The only difference is in the controls and the Wii-mote drawing is more precise and fluid *much quicker to press B and flick your wrist) than the analog sticks on the PS2 controller. That and the epilogue in the PS2 version is not in the Wii version, but that does not really matter, you can find that bit on Youtube.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on December 17, 2008, 06:35:18 PM
What? The only difference is in the controls and the Wii-mote drawing is more precise and fluid *much quicker to press B and flick your wrist) than the analog sticks on the PS2 controller. That and the epilogue in the PS2 version is not in the Wii version, but that does not really matter, you can find that bit on Youtube.
okay. Well, I got my brother the Wii version, so I'll compare.

I heard the Wii controls just had more issues (combat is buggy, calligraphy was too sensitive), but I'll see.

We'll see.  ghouldood;

Blaze-Senpai

If you're absolutley sure that the disc won't work anymore, you can get one of the giant erasers (not the pencil top ones, ones you actually have to hold in your hand), and erase the scratch. Then resurface the area with scratch remover and whatnot. It worked for me the only time I tried it.

I think the friction starts heating up the plastic and melts some of it away; even though the area around the scratch becomes a mess, its still readable after a clean.

One Man Freak Show

Rub some petroleum jelly on it. It's worked on every game I've tried it on.

Go Up