May 08, 2024, 05:07:32 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

I saw Batman v Superman and I would like to say that it deserves all of the shit reviews it received.

[spoiler=spoilers for here's why]
-The movie was essentially 55% build up to why people are worried about Superman and why Superman thinks batman is bad, 2% actually fighting between batman and superman, 40% darkseid fight, 3% setup for other films

-The dream sequence and then sudden, apparent, time travel sequence is confusing as fuck. They should have been spaced out or something

-The short fight was literally batman shooting superman twice with kryptonite gas bullets or w/e and punching him a few times then giving up because MARTHA[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: Khadafi on April 16, 2016, 06:34:33 PM
-The dream sequence and then sudden, apparent, time travel sequence is confusing as fuck. They should have been spaced out or something
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]i think having them side-by-side is very intentional, so you aren't sure if it was still part of his dream or not[/spoiler]

Hiro

also I saw the Jungle Book today, was decent, kid did a good job, scarlett johansson was unnecessary

Daddy

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 16, 2016, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: Khadafi on April 16, 2016, 06:34:33 PM
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]i think having them side-by-side is very intentional, so you aren't sure if it was still part of his dream or not[/spoiler]
yess i know that's probably the intention but for a plotpoint that has essentially no bearing on the film (if they removed that scene, no part of the plot would be any different or harder to understand) it's way too convoluted and is more hamfisted than clever.

YPrrrr

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 27, 2016, 01:37:29 AM
i quite liked argo
@hiro what did aubrey think?
I agree with Hiroman about BvS

I didn't go in with high expectations because I expected it to suck all during production and then the reviews confirmed my bias. But then when I watched it I thought "hey, it really isn't all that bad." I mean sure some parts were goofy and a little forced but it could have been much much worse. I'm not really a superman fan to begin with and I thought they made him aight. Batman with guns is kind of silly. Wonderwoman was pretty badass but they kind of made her outshine the title characters... probably to hype her up since people generally just care about Supe/Bats/Flash in the JLA. Idk lots of room to improve. Probably should have been 2 or 3 movies instead of one.

Hiro

saw Civil War, did a really good job of balancing all the different characters, plus black panther and spiderman were great
[spoiler]expected a bit heavier of an ending but it will have interesting effects on the plot now that half of them are in hiding[/spoiler]

ME##

why is there no good movies coming out i mean god damn

don't let's

I guess Deadpool is how movies ought to be made?

Daddy

i saw cpnamerica civl war with some person i met on an app lol

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Khadafi on May 21, 2016, 04:07:35 PM
How did that turn out?
:)

YPrrrr

and you're still alive :O

Daddy

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on May 21, 2016, 04:14:35 PM
How did that turn out?
we also got hot pot so it was overall good

Quote from: YPargh on May 21, 2016, 04:16:53 PM
and you're still alive :O
I didn't even bring my gun this time  baddood;

YPrrrr

Daddy

yes do you think i'd meet up with dudes off of apps? akudood;

u trippin

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Khadafi on May 21, 2016, 04:22:17 PM
yes do you think i'd meet up with dudes off of apps? akudood;

u trippin
sometimes u just want hang out with a bro whats so wrong with that???
:)

Go Up