September 23, 2024, 02:48:08 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Socks

Quote from: Dullahan on May 07, 2010, 01:45:08 PM
Suppose I'll just say Kick-Ass.

different than what i expected.

Zach

Fuck anyone who hates on Iron Man 2 - it was a fantastic movie, maybe better than the original.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Socks

metal guy ii super crazy but everything works out again

Target

Akira and Howl's Moving Castle. I've been in an anime-y movie mood lately, and I loved the Akira books, so eh. The movie was good, but I feel like it could have been better in two or more movies, rather than one big one. They left out things (obviously), but they were things I feel would've made the entire experience better, drawing me in more, you know?

Howl's Moving Castle was adorable, like I expected from a Miyazaki movie. I loved it. It was cute, and I like cute things. happydood;

Selkie

The Hurt Locker.

Pretty great movie. What I loved about it was the tension throughout the whole thing because you never knew when something was gonna fucking blow up. It was like one long suspense scene.

One thing that I was unsure of though...
[spoiler]What ever happened with the little boy that sold the DVDs? They were very unclear as to whether when James saw him later on it was just his imagination or he really was still alive.[/spoiler]

Dullahan

Iron Man 2

Haven't even seen the first one and I thought it was alright.

rdl

there's this one guy in the pacific who looks just like mippo, except he's a little manlier. and it's kind of odd because he's one of the few semi-likable characters.

the pacific, itself, isn't very good. some episodes are great, but others are really bad or just mediocre. iwo jima and melbourne were pretty bad, and the whole peleilu sequence wasn't really that big of a deal. they should've done two episodes for iwo jima.

Nyerp

prince of persia and it was so awful

Wrench

Quote from: Nyerp on May 31, 2010, 05:21:17 PM
prince of persia and it was so awful

That's expected. Based off a video game.

Selkie

Blade Runner.

Incredible movie.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I watched that fourth shrek movie.

It was pretty bad.

strongbad

Splice
[spoiler]COOL EVERYBODY LETS ALL HAVE SEX WITH THE WEIRD SHIT WE JUST CREATED[/spoiler]

rdl

i finished the pacific. all in all it was pretty ok. the last two episodes were great, but iwo jima, most of peleilu, and the melbourne episodes were awful. i'd give it a 7/10, because the episodes that didn't suck were fantastic, but i guess band of brothers was better, idk.

Go Up