So, that daggone "Twilight" movie that all the fangirls are screaming over

Started by Sam, November 21, 2008, 12:28:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Det in F♯ Major

I LOATHE Twilight because of these fucking comparisons. You don't see Stephanie Meyer winning any World Records for her books or anything. Nobody even fucking knew her before this fucking movie. 

Nothing will ever compare to Harry Potter.  baddood;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Sam

Quote from: Detonator on November 23, 2008, 06:34:54 AM
I LOATHE Twilight because of these fucking comparisons. You don't see Stephanie Meyer winning any World Records for her books or anything. Nobody even fucking knew her before this fucking movie. 

As much as I think Harry Potter is 12893y41892374893274932647863274  times better, I wouldn't say nobody knew about twlight before the movie.  O_0

I had at least 20 friends who were obsessed with the book long before the movie was announced.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Skylark

Maybe it's different here because I live in Phoenix and that is where Stephanie Meyer lives but Twilight was HUGE here before the movie came out... It was  huge and I know kids in South Africa who had read it? And in Germany

Honestly, I wouldn't consider that unknown. But since when does something being unknown make it bad?

Again, a lot of the hype around Twilight is pretty obnoxious but I think that if you can accept the books for what they are it's really enjoyable.
the book of right on

Det in F♯ Major

Tyler just asked me to go see it.  :(
If I do go, it's primarily just to spend time with him and be a retard because I haven't seen him since Halloween.  baddood;

IDK WHAT TO DO JFDKLA;LSJG;LSGJSLDGJSLG
I don't want to support it, I haven't touched one of the books so I'll be confused, and I really, really, really am afraid that I'm going to like it. X:
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Samus Aran

Quote from: Detonator on November 23, 2008, 06:34:54 AM

The book is massively popular and was before the movie was even heard of. psyduck;

And when it comes to good books, the Harry Potter series is honestly not something I'd consider to have all that much merit beyond being a decent kid's series. As for the movies, they're a lot worse than the books, and not much more than some nice visual treats every now and then.

Wrench

Quote from: Detonator on November 23, 2008, 11:09:19 AM
Tyler just asked me to go see it.  :(
If I do go, it's primarily just to spend time with him and be a retard because I haven't seen him since Halloween.  baddood;

IDK WHAT TO DO JFDKLA;LSJG;LSGJSLDGJSLG
I don't want to support it, I haven't touched one of the books so I'll be confused, and I really, really, really am afraid that I'm going to like it. X:

I didn't know anything about it before seeing it. I had no confusion. It's real easy to see what's going on.

Hermione Granger

Pyrate

The guy who plays Edward is weird looking. And he played Cedric Diggory, lol. goonish

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Sam on November 21, 2008, 06:31:17 PM
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3958412544/ch0069425 (jacob)

vs.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3891303680/ch0069872 (james)

yeah, I'd take jacob anyday.

(woops fixed)

they both look like faggots I would punch in the mouth

Also, my sister was reading the books long before a film was even announced, before the final book was even released. Hell, she even bought the republished version of Twilight with the film characters on the cover with a bonus poster, so now she has both the original and the republished version (waste of money IMO).

Twilight is something that has been under a pretty low profile aside from the girls trolling the teen fiction aisle in Borders or Books A Million until this movie was released.
Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 23, 2008, 11:35:07 AM
And when it comes to good books, the Harry Potter series is honestly not something I'd consider to have all that much merit beyond being a decent kid's series. As for the movies, they're a lot worse than the books, and not much more than some nice visual treats every now and then.

HP is not an amazing book by any means, but it's better than most children books, yes. And it's probably one of the first chapter books I've ever read, so the nostalgia bumps it up on my "favorite books" list. I have not really read a book book in a long time aside from the stuff the school forces me to read. I might read past Twilight's first chapter if I'm bored enough.

Hermione Granger

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 23, 2008, 11:35:07 AM
The book is massively popular and was before the movie was even heard of. psyduck;

rofl kids book

hey guys his parents are dead

oh jimmy this is a very good book for you to read

Sam

Quote from: CFalcon1219 on November 24, 2008, 01:46:14 PM
rofl kids book

hey guys his parents are dead

oh jimmy this is a very good book for you to read

...well, it's not exactly geared towards adults. More of early teens.

The writing style isn't even anything special, it's just that Harry Potter is a very very very very very very very good storyline.

Hermione Granger

Quote from: Sam on November 24, 2008, 02:45:31 PM
...well, it's not exactly geared towards adults. More of early teens.

The writing style isn't even anything special, it's just that Harry Potter is a very very very very very very very good storyline.
AND EVERYONE FUCKING DIES

Sam

Hermione Granger

Quote from: Sam on November 24, 2008, 02:57:04 PM
[spoiler]not Harry. Or Hermione.[/spoiler]

I'm still not over that. :(
you wanted them to die?

you're an asshole

Daddy

Go Up