June 26, 2024, 03:23:00 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fallout 3 Thread

Started by C.Mongler, October 28, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

also, is there anywhere i can permanently store my random assortment of junk befuddlement

i can only carry so much more before i'll have to start abandoning things smithicide;

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on June 13, 2015, 02:20:10 AM
also, is there anywhere i can permanently store my random assortment of junk befuddlement

i can only carry so much more before i'll have to start abandoning things smithicide;
uhhh. i don't remember at all. might have to look it up

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on June 13, 2015, 02:20:10 AM

any storage in your house hocuspocus;

though while apparently there's a risk of having your stuff disappear if you store it anywhere else, i've never had that happen to me in my first game where i didn't have a house and just stored my things in that kid's house you save from flame-throwing ants in that village near megaton

~run-on sentences~

Kalahari Inkantation

thxlol

if it's anything like skyrim, non-owned containers work on a timer that respawns their contents every x amount of in-game time (i think in skyrim it's two weeks)

you might have visited frequently enough that the timer was never able to hit 0 lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i wonder if i can finish both this and new vegas by november 10 sillydood;

the seventh generation still has so much to offer me, i'm not ready to leave it behind cry;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on June 13, 2015, 09:35:58 AM
thxlol

if it's anything like skyrim, non-owned containers work on a timer that respawns their contents every x amount of in-game time (i think in skyrim it's two weeks)

you might have visited frequently enough that the timer was never able to hit 0 lol

it works the same, yes. the fallout wikis will probably tell you what containers are and aren't "safe." but it's not as clear-cut as that, as glitches can of course technically cause anything to disappear from any container, and oftentimes "unsafe" containers end up being perfectly safe.

i've always just kept everything in containers in my house though, and have never had a problem after three extensive playthroughs of this game.

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah i've pretty much taken to dumping everything not immediately necessary in my house, exactly as i did in skyrim

i don't want to take any risks with containers i don't own lol, this game is risky enough as is

don't let's

I wanna feel like I had something disappear from that locker or the other thing before, but I might have just been mistaken or remembering something wrong. Or maybe it was a pre-patch thing.

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

took me far longer than i'd like to admit to figure out how to enter rivet city

also, nearly 40h in and i've only just entered rivet city sillydood;

Samus Aran

thats normal tbh lol

everyone does tons of sidequests and puts off the main quest for ages

Thyme

understandably; aside from that part where you
[spoiler]save your dad in the simulator[/spoiler]
the main quest really isn't that interesting

don't let's

Professional Tip: Hold Tab (the pip boy button) for the flashlight. Because I always forget and have a hard time figuring it out and I don't remember if they ever actually tell you.

Kalahari Inkantation

i play using a [glow=black,2,300]controller[/glow]

the flashlight is invaluable lol, some of those stupid endless metro stations are 2dark

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on June 28, 2015, 07:25:58 PM
i play using a [glow=black,2,300]controller[/glow]

the flashlight is invaluable lol, some of those stupid endless metro stations are 2dark
that's how I want to play :(

Go Up