October 01, 2024, 03:17:56 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best Radiohead Album

Started by russell, October 11, 2008, 04:21:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

voat

Pablo Honey
0 (0%)
The Bends
1 (6.7%)
OK Computer
3 (20%)
Kid A
6 (40%)
Amnesiac
1 (6.7%)
Haiul to the Thief
1 (6.7%)
In Rainbows
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Houdini on October 12, 2008, 07:11:52 PM
There are a few real stinkers though, like We Suck Young Blood.

For me, it's the progression of the album, for beginning to end. 2+2=5 goes from very low energy to very high energy very quickly, and each of the songs go places on their own. It's like watching a plant grow for me, there are different shoots coming out, each going in different directions at different rates and for different amounts of time, and you end up with this nice plant after listening, with Wolf at the Door as the flower.

And I love We Suck Young Blood. The cymbal/claps beat reminds me of shambling zombies, and then it builds into more dramatic and full chords, and kind of explodes at one point.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

russell

Quote from: Pqqu on October 13, 2008, 03:14:50 PM
For me, it's the progression of the album, for beginning to end. 2+2=5 goes from very low energy to very high energy very quickly, and each of the songs go places on their own. It's like watching a plant grow for me, there are different shoots coming out, each going in different directions at different rates and for different amounts of time, and you end up with this nice plant after listening, with Wolf at the Door as the flower.

And I love We Suck Young Blood. The cymbal/claps beat reminds me of shambling zombies, and then it builds into more dramatic and full chords, and kind of explodes at one point.

I feel the same way... it feels like more of a concept album than any of their others, in my opinion. It definitely has that "takes you on an adventure" feel, which I really like in albums.

Houdini

Quote from: Pqqu on October 13, 2008, 03:14:50 PM

Yeah, it's definitely more of an "album" album than the others. It's really well paced, especially when you compare it to one of the earlier records like OK Computer or The Bends. And I'm not saying We Suck Young Blood is a bad song, it just kinda drags on too long. It doesn't seem to add anything to the album for me, besides an extra four or five minutes.

Quote from: russell on October 13, 2008, 06:10:34 PM
I feel the same way... it feels like more of a concept album than any of their others, in my opinion. It definitely has that "takes you on an adventure" feel, which I really like in albums.
To me it feels like going on an adventure in the middle of the night, wandering through the city, then into the woods, something like that.

I also kinda agree with you on OK Computer. It used to be my favorite, but now it doesn't really do much for me. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but now I can see how much they matured afterwards.

Go Up