October 01, 2024, 05:21:14 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S. Darko

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 28, 2008, 09:29:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Quote from: Houdini on July 11, 2008, 12:00:41 AM
I don't want to watch it if I know I'm going to be disappointed. Hopefully it won't be too shabby.

oh

i was actually 'what'ing at the fact that you posted for the first time in a couple weeks. >.>
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Nyerp

Dullahan

Guys, you're making Andrew laugh.

KonohaShinobi

I have just seen Donnie Darko for the first time last night, and it was pretty good. The best movie I've seen in a while, and I did not feel as though it needed a sequel. And I liked how the ending and throughout the movie, it kept you guessing as to whether Donnie was mentally ill or were these things actually occuring, esspecially with the frequent appearences of Frank.

But now, from the synopsis of the film in the first post's link, Donnie's sister and even her friend are going through similar events. This is why I hate hollywood, always cashing in on something and thus ruining the magic of what it originally was. The only good thing that can come of this, is that this movie comes out advertising that it is a sequel to Donnie Darko, and that inspires people to watch the original and realize how great it is and thus skipping this waste of film.

Someone in this thread mentioned that they would like to see the director of the original do something completely new instead of creating a sequel: I do not believe he would have even thought of making a sequel, because it is completely unnesscary.

Sam

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on October 09, 2008, 07:15:18 AM
I have just seen Donnie Darko for the first time last night, and it was pretty good. The best movie I've seen in a while, and I did not feel as though it needed a sequel. And I liked how the ending and throughout the movie, it kept you guessing as to whether Donnie was mentally ill or were these things actually occuring, esspecially with the frequent appearences of Frank.

But now, from the synopsis of the film in the first post's link, Donnie's sister and even her friend are going through similar events. This is why I hate hollywood, always cashing in on something and thus ruining the magic of what it originally was. The only good thing that can come of this, is that this movie comes out advertising that it is a sequel to Donnie Darko, and that inspires people to watch the original and realize how great it is and thus skipping this waste of film.

Someone in this thread mentioned that they would like to see the director of the original do something completely new instead of creating a sequel: I do not believe he would have even thought of making a sequel, because it is completely unnesscary.

Something about your post seems goofy to me, dunno what.

But I don't think seeing the original is going to encourage people to skip the sequel. Aside from the fact that it's a pretty well-known movie and everyone who will be interested in the sequel probably has already seen it, people who enjoy the original are going to see it just for curiosity's sake. 
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Nyerp

they're probably going to make it some lame horror movie

i just know it

The artist formally known

Donnie Darko was pretty good, it didn't seem as "professional" as K-pax did, a movie I would compare it to because of similar ideas. I know the sequel will suck but whatever.

Go Up