October 01, 2024, 05:23:46 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sage Francis "Conspiracy to Riot"

Started by Daddy, October 01, 2008, 11:17:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

www.conspiracytoriot.com

Free track for download.
QuoteOn Sept 1, 2008 I received a voicemail from Sean Daley (aka Slug of Atmosphere) informing me that my longtime friend, Jared Paul, was sitting in a Minnesota jail cell. This was the first day of the National Republican Convention, a 5 day event that Jared was covering for a Providence publication. I thought to myself â,"Wellâ,¦that was quick.â, And then the dark, disturbing feeling washed over me. Jared Paul is currently in a legal battle with the St. Paul, MN court system, along with hundreds of others who face trumped up charges thanks to the overzealous riot police at the Republican National Convention. Jared is one of many who does not have the appropriate funds to hire proper legal representation and the ACLU of Minnesota is so overwhelmed by the sheer volume of RNC arrest cases that they are unable to provide assistance. What Jared does have is massive support from music and poetry communities. As soon as news of his situation was made public people were in a frenzy asking how they could help out. When bail was granted, Slug graciously posted the fee and waited the entire day and night for Jaredâ,,,s release. Iâ,,,ve agreed to front the remainder of Jaredâ,,,s legal fees while creating www.ConspiracyToRiot.com as a way to raise awareness about his situation and accept donations for our cause. This has less to do with a friend of mine possibly looking at jail time, and more to do with citizenâ,,,s rights continually being trampled on. There are thousands of innocent people in jail right now because of their lack of finances. This is a principle thing as much as it is personal. Attorneys working with the National Lawyers Guild and the ACLU are identifying this yearâ,,,s RNC as one of the most extreme examples of strategic, premeditated attacks on the First Amendment in U.S. history. The conventionâ,,,s planning committee facilitated $50 million in Federal funds to the Ramsey County authorities, basically hiring out all local law enforcement available as the RNCâ,,,s own private military contract force. An additional $10 million was then spent on an insurance package to cover legal fees specifically resulting from police misconduct. Authorities used extreme force and mass arbitrary arrests to target, intimidate, and jail dozens of major and independent journalists all week long. Their tactics not only kept non-Convention citizens away from downtown but detainees were kept as long as legally possible, preventing journalists from reporting on any event outside of the Conventionâ,,,s main itinerary.

DETAILS OF THE ARREST

Was Jared throwing bricks through cop car windows? No. Was he picketing outside of the convention and yelling threats into a megaphone? No. Jared, along with many others, was enjoying the music being performed at the â,"Take Back Labor Dayâ, Festival across the river from Harriet Island Pavilion. This is when hundreds of Riot Police stormed onto the scene and arrested everyone on sight. Jared was charged with Felony-Riot. This charge would later be reduced to a Gross-Misdemeanor, and then brought to Ramsey County Jail where he would not be released until the final day of the Convention.

FREE SONG AND DONATIONS

This past week I recorded a song called â,"Conspiracy to Riotâ, and it is available here at www.ConspiracyToRiot.com as a free download. Feel free to pass along the URL of this webpage to your friends and family. If you have some extra money in your pocket and youâ,,,d like to donate, please use the paypal option on this page. All donations will go toward offsetting the expenses related to Jared Paulâ,,,s legal case. If weâ,,,re fortunate enough to raise more money than we need, the excess funds will go toward Knowmore.org (a non-profit organization B. Dolan and I created to promote responsible consumerism.) I do understand that weâ,,,re in a financial crisis so weâ,,,re not asking you to break your bank if you donâ,,,t have the means to donate. All we ask is that you stay involved with the struggle against oppressive powers. Learn to recognize them and practice resisting them. People who want to be heard shouldnâ,,,t be made to feel like they are committing a crime when they speak up or speak out. People also shouldnâ,,,t be made to feel like theyâ,,,re on a soap box just because they have a bone to pick with the system. Thereâ,,,s some sickness going on that makes people feel small, unimportant and disconnected. The only cure is to ignore that nonsense and make good choices in your life. Stay informed and stay involved.

LCK

Daddy

LCK

Daddy

Quote from: Beastman on October 01, 2008, 07:03:10 PM
BRILLIANT
Seriously

Oh yeahâ,¦Iâ,,,ve got a weapon of mass destructionâ,¦
Parked in the back and itâ,,,s a vessel of gas consumption.
Rebels of rap production never adapted to nothing.
Imagine my laugh whenever ask me for something.
Like I ainâ,,,t gave it my all.
You came fashionably late to the headbangerâ,,,s ball.
After the mob scene lost steam,
And after we spilled pigâ,,,s blood on the prom queen.
Iâ,,,ve been told with old age comes wisdom,
But Iâ,,,ve found with old age comes old age.
Weâ,,,re stuck in our old ways like everything was done much better
in some forgotten era. Thumb sucking America.
I canâ,,,t begin to nameâ,¦the ways Iâ,,,d pin the blame
on an administration acting inhumane.
If itâ,,,s killing season letâ,,,s start within.
When the hunter becomes the hunted they outlaw hunting (ainâ,,,t that something.)
Confiscate the ammunition!
Cuz thereâ,,,s a wolf in sheepâ,,,s skin. A pit bull with lipstick.
A pig in a blanket. Some lame duck President
privatizing profit and socializing debt.
Collapsed credit. Journalists get arrested.
Watch the Blackwater operatives go domestic.
Oh, thatâ,,,s a problem? Well donâ,,,t agonize.
Smoke â,˜em if you got â,˜em. A whole pack of lies.
Summer spring and autumn. Now bring the wintertime.
I donâ,,,t protest snow. I shovel it with picket signs.

Go Up