July 04, 2024, 01:51:45 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New AC/DC album

Started by sans culottes, September 07, 2008, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on September 11, 2008, 07:28:49 PM
The drums are actually really good. Sure, the drums are simple, but the drummer has a really tight groove that becomes apparent when you listen to the records they did with other drummers.

Yeah, I don't see the problem either. I think reefer thinks that every drummer should be Neil Peart or something.

Houdini

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 07:30:20 PM
Yeah, I don't see the problem either. I think reefer thinks that every drummer should be Neil Peart or something.
I hate when people only care about how skilled the musicians sound. Last year I was in a class with a kid who was a huge douchebag who wouldn't listen to any bands that weren't as show-offy as Racer X. He also tried to convince me that he could play YYZ on bass despite only having played the bass for three or four months. I spent most of that class daydreaming of amusing ways for him to die.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on September 11, 2008, 07:41:45 PM
I hate when people only care about how skilled the musicians sound. Last year I was in a class with a kid who was a huge douchebag who wouldn't listen to any bands that weren't as show-offy as Racer X. He also tried to convince me that he could play YYZ on bass despite only having played the bass for three or four months. I spent most of that class daydreaming of amusing ways for him to die.

No kidding. So many of my favorite songs are so simple that I don't think reefy would even like them. And personally I never cared that much about how skilled you can tell a guitarist is or something like that. People say Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist ever, yet I find myself not caring if he's the best or the worst. If the pieces are there, anyone with a mild amount of talent can make a great song, whether it's complicated or not.

sans culottes

Musical virtuosity, or any musical complexity at all, is not required to make good music. In fact, the simplest songs can change the ways people play music for years. Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc9xhAM8WMU
I support BUSH

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Houdini

Quote from: MethreE on September 15, 2008, 04:20:00 AM
I <3 Drum Machines.
Fuck you. You don't know anything about drumming.

Go Up