July 04, 2024, 02:18:36 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

im currently watching all of

Started by The artist formally known, August 21, 2008, 09:04:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Trini on August 22, 2008, 05:55:46 PM
Didn't the whole majin buu saga happen in one day or something like that? befuddlement

Idk, but it was pretty cool.

I used to love DBZ then I noticed how much pointless shit was shoved into the anime and read most of the manga.

Lozal

I LOVED DBZ as a little girl. :3

I was Freiza for Halloween one year. I remember.  powerofone;

Freiza was my hero. <3
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lozalina on August 23, 2008, 07:42:42 PM
Freiza was my hero. <3

you ass

freiza destroyed a whole planet and killed countless people, including vegeta

why the hell do i remember everything about this show

Wrench

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 24, 2008, 12:59:03 AM
you ass

freiza destroyed a whole planet and killed countless people, including vegeta

why the hell do i remember everything about this show

planet Namek to be exact. baddood;

Geno

Quote from: Wrench on August 24, 2008, 09:38:34 AM
its ok because they wished for New Namek
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Wrench on August 24, 2008, 09:38:34 AM

i was referring to the fact that he destroyed planet Vegeta but yeah also Namek

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 24, 2008, 01:32:16 PM
i was referring to the fact that he destroyed planet Vegeta but yeah also Namek
There was a planet Vegeta?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thief888 on August 24, 2008, 01:33:23 PM
There was a planet Vegeta?

yes

it was the home planet of the Saiyans before Frieza destroyed it

there was a tiny little piece of one episode of the Namek saga that explained it, as well as that one special about Goku's daddy

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 24, 2008, 01:36:44 PM
yes

there was a tiny little piece of one episode of the Namek saga that explained it, as well as that one special about Goku's daddy

Did you just finish rewatching the series  doodthing;
Jesus christ...

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 24, 2008, 01:36:44 PM
yes

That was episode 20 called "Goku's Ancestors" by the way.

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 24, 2008, 02:34:24 PM
Did you just finish rewatching the series  doodthing;
Jesus christ...
No but I am, everything Kaz said was correct.

The coolest episode was the one where Vegeta and whats his name go to the planet with the insects, Arlia, and destroy the "evil" insects while the good ones stay alive and they're grateful that Vegeta destroyed the bad guys.

As Vegeta leaves he ends up destroying the whole planet killing the remaining good guys.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: reefer on August 24, 2008, 02:48:30 PM
That was episode 20 called "Goku's Ancestors" by the way.
No but I am, everything Kaz said was correct.

The coolest episode was the one where Vegeta and whats his name go to the planet with the insects, Arlia, and destroy the "evil" insects while the good ones stay alive and they're grateful that Vegeta destroyed the bad guys.

As Vegeta leaves he ends up destroying the whole planet killing the remaining good guys.

DVDs?

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: reefer on August 24, 2008, 02:50:53 PM
Yeah sure  caterpie;

I noticed FUNimations box sets they have been releasing, I wouldn't mind owning one just for the nostalgia.

are you streaming them or did you download some huge torrent?

The artist formally known

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 24, 2008, 02:54:37 PM
I noticed FUNimations box sets they have been releasing, I wouldn't mind owning one just for the nostalgia.

are you streaming them or did you download some huge torrent?
the 2nd.

the dvds are REALLY cheap for what you get. $30 for 40 episodes for season 1. thats a great deal. and of course thats the normal price, probably find it cheaper.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: reefer on August 24, 2008, 02:58:03 PM
the 2nd.

the dvds are REALLY cheap for what you get. $30 for 40 episodes for season 1. thats a great deal. and of course thats the normal price, probably find it cheaper.

-FINALLY, DRAGON BALL Z AT A DECENT PRICE! It took FUNimation long enough on this one. The whole "twenty-five bucks for three episodes" thing had gotten on my nerves long enough. My hat goes off to FUNimation for finally following the example of companies who release the American TV show DVD sets, and offering them at a price any fan can afford.

-REMASTERED PICTURE QUALITY. As far as what can be seen on the screen goes, the picture has never looked sharper. FUNimation remastered the picture quality from the original film prints, and it looks stunning (the whole "widescreen" issue is not forgotten, I'll cover that in the "THE BAD" section of my review.)

-THE BOOKLET IS A NICE ADDITION. The character profiles are great, definitely for fans who are just getting into the series and need a more elaborate idea of what the characters are like. It's nice to have a brief summary of what happens in each episode, and I found the "History of Dragon Ball Z in America" feature of the book to be quite interesting.

-OVER NINE HUNDRED MINUTES OF DBZ! For the low price, this is a hell of a deal, and it definitely beats buying the series separately if you haven't already started doing that.

-TWO DIFFERENT "PLAY ALL" MODES - STANDARD AND MARATHON. If you absolutely must watch every episode from start to finish, starting/ending credits and all, the standard play all mode works well. But if you just want to watch the episodes and nothing else (uninterrupted by credits and the like), the marathon mode cuts them out so you can watch episodes only. An awesome feature I wish more TV shows on DVD have.

-FINALLY, EYECATCHERS! The eyecatchers (which are the "we'll be right back" messages that were shown on TV with the shows before and after the commercial breaks) have FINALLY been included in a FUNimation release of the series! About time! I'd been pissed off for years that FUNimation put these on their original DB and DBGT DVDs and not the Z ones, but they've redeemed themselves.

This review off of Amazon is tempting me to press the "Add To Shopping Cart" button.

Go Up