October 04, 2024, 07:19:48 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Yoshi's Island

Started by Dullahan, August 07, 2008, 10:00:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Linkjge

I gave it to my brother and never saw it again

Houdini

Yoshi's Island was definitely one of Nintendo's best games. You can whine all you want about how it wasn't really Super Mario World 2, but if you would stop jacking off all over Super Mario World you'd find that Yoshi's Island is a grade-A kickass game.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Houdini on August 10, 2008, 01:42:31 PM
Yoshi's Island was definitely one of Nintendo's best games. You can whine all you want about how it wasn't really Super Mario World 2, but if you would stop jacking off all over Super Mario World you'd find that Yoshi's Island is a grade-A kickass game.
I agree.

Yoshi's Island is just one of those original games that won't happen again, Nintendo needs to make new and exciting things that are distinctly different then their old stuff.

I loved Zelda II, Yoshi's Island, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I wish we'd see more like those again.

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on August 10, 2008, 05:43:25 PM
I agree.

Yoshi's Island is just one of those original games that won't happen again, Nintendo needs to make new and exciting things that are distinctly different then their old stuff.

I loved Zelda II, Yoshi's Island, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I wish we'd see more like those again.
I think we will. At least Nintendo's still trying, unlike a lot of other companies I won't mention.

Kalahari Inkantation

I agree.

I agree with Zelda II and DKJB. We should definitely see more games like those.
As for Yoshi's Island...I have never played it. :'(

Samus Aran

I agree.

Uniqueness is still happening. Wind Waker is probably the best recent example I can think of, even though that's already like 5 years old or something.

Linkjge

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 10, 2008, 06:33:46 PM
Uniqueness is still happening. Wind Waker is probably the best recent example I can think of, even though that's already like 5 years old or something.

Windwaker isn't unique, it's like every other Zelda game except a different graphic style.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Linkjge on August 10, 2008, 08:58:57 PM
Windwaker isn't unique, it's like every other Zelda game except a different graphic style.

Because every other Zelda game had sailing and an overall sea-faring theme in nearly every aspect of the game.

goonish

C.Mongler

Quote from: Houdini on August 10, 2008, 06:14:18 PM
I think we will. At least Nintendo's still trying, unlike a lot of other companies I won't mention.

Wii Music!!!!

Samus Aran

Houdini

C.Mongler

Quote from: Houdini on August 10, 2008, 09:13:27 PM
Hey, don't knock it until you've tried it.

I've flailed my arms around pretending to play a guitar before  baddood;

Houdini

Quote from: C Mongler on August 10, 2008, 09:19:53 PM
I've flailed my arms around pretending to play a guitar before  baddood;
Yeah, so you logic Wii Music should be AWESOME  baddood;

Seriously though, it's a shitty idea but at least it's not Halo 17 or another Madden game.

Dullahan

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 10, 2008, 09:08:16 PM
Because every other Zelda game had sailing and an overall sea-faring theme in nearly every aspect of the game.

goonish
I didn't really like that feature. I mean, it was okay, don't me wrong. I just didn't like getting attacked by several monsters bigger than my boat every time I tried to set the three pearls.

The artist formally known

Windwaker was amazing. It and Zelda II were the only games that did something different. It didn't quite get old until Twilight Princess. Sure they had the wolf link but that really didn't add much.

Go Up