September 24, 2024, 01:33:30 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anime you should be watching: Xam'd: Lost Memories

Started by KonohaShinobi, July 31, 2008, 11:43:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

did you enjoy this thread?

yes
0 (0%)
no
3 (100%)
could be better
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Anime you should be watching: Xamâ,,,d: Lost Memories

This little gem showed up not to long ago and is only 3 episodes in so far(the 4th airing on august 4th). I have seen all 3 of these episodes and find it to be a very interesting little anime. I will now be giving you a short list about why you should be watching this new anime (and sometimes why you might should not) and from there you can decide whether or not you should be checking this out. At the end of my pros and cons section I will weigh in my verdict.

Summary of the plot courtesy of Wikipedia:
Quoteâ,"Sentan Island is a small island surrounded by the Yuden Sea. It exists in a state of dreamlike tranquility, cut off from the war between the Northern Government and the Southern Continent Free Zone. Akiyuki Takehara lives on Sentain Island along with his mother Fusa, He is currently separated from his father, the town doctor Ryuzo, but the bond between father and son remains. One day, after taking Ryuzo the lunch that Fusa has made for him as usual, Akiyuki is caught up in an explosion along with his friends, Haru and Furuichi. The explosion produces a mysterious light which enters Akiyuki's arm, causing him excruciating pain. He's given no time to understand it, however, as the white-haired girl who rode on the bus with him guides him to a power unlike anything he's ever known. He transforms into a creature called Xam'd, and his rampage is only stopped when a red-haired foreign girl appears and threatens to turn him to stone if he doesn't go with her.â,

Why you should be watching Xamâ,,,d

â,¢   Music
The opening and the ending are beautifully sung and will get stuck in your head if you arenâ,,,t careful, especially the opening (RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY [this should be familiar if youâ,,,ve been in a xamâ,,,d thread on /a/ recently]). The music during the episodes also fit the tone of the show well.
â,¢   Character design
The main character Akiyukiâ,,,s xamâ,,,d form is really quite stunning and is reminiscent to Eureka Sevenâ,,,s Nirvash. The other characters within the show are also seem to resemble some of Eureka Sevenâ,,,s characters which is a bit odd (Akiyuki looks a little like rentonâ,¦) but that is not a bad thing and does not really detract from the experience.
â,¢   Animation
Very fluid, especially during Akiyukiâ,,,s transformation and his fight scene with an    alien being.
â,¢   Story line
It starts off a little slow, about the first half of episode one is a little off, but it picks up quickly and it will leave you guessing. I found myself with many unanswered questions and a hunger for more after the first episode. Of course since the series is only beginning, the mythology is not too deep yet, but I can see it becoming a classic.

Final verdict: You should give Xamâ,,,d a chance. If you are one of those people that are fans of shonen like Rurouni Kenshin you will definitely like what Xamâ,,,d has to offer. And even if you arenâ,,,t much of a shonen fan, the mystery within the show will keep you hooked.

For more information on Xam'd click the link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C5%8Dnen_no_Xamdou

Hiro

Kono, your opinions on anime don't meant jack shit  seeing as you like every fucking one of them.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on July 31, 2008, 11:48:41 PM
Kono, your opinions on anime don't meant jack shit  seeing as you like every fucking one of them.

I've seen shitty anime, I just do not want to make a thread about them.

Commander Fuckass

I'd watch it if it wasnt $3.99 to rent the episodes on the Playstation Network
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

KonohaShinobi

NewarkWilder

People can actually tolerate that shitty J-Pop stuff played in the intros to shitty anime?

sans culottes

I support BUSH

ncba93ivyase

August 02, 2008, 11:20:49 AM #10 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 11:25:27 AM by Lawlz
alakaxam'd: lost spoons

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up