July 07, 2024, 10:57:45 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT not very well known bands that you like.

Started by Lozal, May 21, 2008, 06:42:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on May 22, 2008, 10:43:15 PM
as i said before: you'd have to be like fifty to know them, or one of us. i bet i'd find less than five fans of them if i asked everyone in my school about them.

but since no one understands what i meant i'll edit that out :<
Maybe you just need to accept that teenagers have bad taste in music.

sans culottes

Quote from: sam on May 22, 2008, 11:04:18 PM
Maybe you just need to accept that teenagers have bad taste in music.

since when have i not accepted this

the point is, not much people have even heard of those. really, no one gives a fuck. you see so much people with pink floyd shirts, but how many of them own meddle?
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on May 22, 2008, 11:17:44 PM
since when have i not accepted this

the point is, not much people have even heard of those. really, no one gives a fuck. you see so much people with pink floyd shirts, but how many of them own meddle?

you don't have to be a fan to own meddle considering meddle isn't particularly amazing and is only like their 4th best album if that

sans culottes

Quote from: Kaz on May 22, 2008, 11:20:32 PM
you don't have to be a fan to own meddle considering meddle isn't particularly amazing and is only like their 4th best album if that

what i meant was, how much of them are really big fans of floyd? how many know more than dark side of the moon, another brick in the wall, and the album titles of wish you were here and animals?
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on May 22, 2008, 11:22:52 PM
what i meant was, how much of them are really big fans of floyd? how many know more than dark side of the moon, another brick in the wall, and the album titles of wish you were here and animals?

i think animals and wywh are relatively unknown to those teens that basically just listen to the singles from the wall and dsotm

meddle even more so

try asking them about momentary lapse of reason and lol

sans culottes

or atom heart mother, maybe the piper at the gates of dawn. and they likely are at least aware of what wish you were here means, there's a good chance they've heard the title track.

that's a good idea, next time i see a kid in a floyd shirt who don't look like a floyd fan, i'll say "hey, do you like the piper at the gates of dawn?"
I support BUSH

Houdini

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Snorkel

The Plastic Constellations, Kid Dakota, Aneuretical, Beirut, Melodious Owl, Hockey Night, A Night In the Box, Haley Bonar, In The Pines, Manchester Orchestra... many more.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Co-Z on May 22, 2008, 11:22:52 PM
and if they understand the movie/album the wall.

i hate when people say you have to be on drugs to understand the wall.

sans culottes

Quote from: reefer on May 23, 2008, 11:24:26 PM
and if they understand the movie/album the wall.

i hate when people say you have to be on drugs to understand the wall.

lol, yeah.

a lot of them don't understand that the wall is a metaphor and don't know what the meaning is.
I support BUSH

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: steal on May 23, 2008, 09:25:02 PM
They are. They have an album out and are touring. I wanna see them just to see how they go from a cartoon where one guy does all the music to a touring band like that, and because Gene Hoglan plays drums on the album and he's pretty much one of the greatest drummers ever.
Too bad the opening bands are just shitty metal/death core.

xromANTIcx

I whispered in her ear
You better fear me, for I am death

Lozal

Updated list.  baddood;

Ääniportti, Alghazanth, Altaria, Amoral, Antipope, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Into Eternity, Korpiklaani, Hateform,
Kivimetsän Druidi, Moonsorrow, Omnium Gatherum, Stam1na, and Ultimatium.

Some of you may have heard of some of them, but I haven't heard a lot of people talk about them.

I like to just browse through the bands and find not very well known ones and give them a listen. spam;
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Skylark

Haha, I love this!

Kay, my list:

Suzy Wong and the Honkies, Madeline Adams, Spoonboy, Ghost Mice, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Whispertown2000, Nana Grizol, Best Friends Forever, The Hadin Lemery Experience, Defiance Ohio, Kind of Like Spitting, Paul Baribeau, Angelo Spencer, Jeffrey Lewis and the Jitters, Mr. J. Meideros, Arrah and the Ferns, Gowns, Woods, Michael Runion, Japanther,  French Quarter

all I can think of.
the book of right on

Go Up