July 02, 2024, 12:26:12 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movie that made you cry/got you closest to crying...

Started by Selkie, June 02, 2008, 06:36:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, and Lilo and Stitch...

I was a lot younger when I saw these though

KonohaShinobi

Houdini

Quote from: Andrew1911 on June 03, 2008, 12:05:58 AM
Because they were horrible. Right?

Right?  O_0
The Science of Sleep wasn't horrible.

Andrew1911

Quote from: houdini on June 03, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
The Science of Sleep wasn't horrible.

It wasn't horrible but I put it under mediocre or even less than that. Gondry has been going downhill.  gonk;

Houdini

Quote from: Andrew1911 on June 03, 2008, 09:32:05 PM
It wasn't horrible but I put it under mediocre or even less than that. Gondry has been going downhill.  gonk;
Mediocre? It was at least decent.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Andrew1911

Quote from: houdini on June 03, 2008, 09:50:45 PM
Mediocre? It was at least decent.

The only few compliments I can give it are the amazing visuals and one or two scenes felt true. That's about it.

FAMY2

Amadeus.  His requiem at his own funeral.  I cried so hard. :(

Skylark

Quote from: Andrew1911 on June 03, 2008, 12:05:58 AM
Because they were horrible. Right?

Right?  O_0

For the most part, no.

Well, I didn't like Click at all but  oh gosh did I cry.
I cried in Chronicles because I loved the books so much... I don't know why I cried

The Science of Sleep is a damn good movie and I cried because it got sad.
**you're probably just a movie snob so I'm not going to even bother justifying it. I did love it though and I thought it was very very sweet.
the book of right on

Thunderhero4

Fun with Dick and Jane. I was laughing so hard I was bawling! gonk; caterpie;

Andrew1911

Quote from: skylark-e on June 05, 2008, 01:36:15 PM
For the most part, no.

Well, I didn't like Click at all but  oh gosh did I cry.
I cried in Chronicles because I loved the books so much... I don't know why I cried

The Science of Sleep is a damn good movie and I cried because it got sad.
**you're probably just a movie snob so I'm not going to even bother justifying it. I did love it though and I thought it was very very sweet.

I enjoyed Superbad. I'm far from a movie snob. Just because I expect my films to be good doesn't mean I'm a movie snob. Give some actual reasons why you consider it damn good or you're just another moron who can't justify why a movie was good or bad and will wildly jump to conclusions.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Thunderhero4 on June 05, 2008, 02:23:54 PM
Fun with Dick and Jane. I was laughing so hard I was bawling! gonk; caterpie;

I'm beginning to loathe you.

Thunderhero4

Skylark

Quote from: Andrew1911 on June 05, 2008, 02:24:24 PM
I enjoyed Superbad. I'm far from a movie snob. Just because I expect my films to be good doesn't mean I'm a movie snob. Give some actual reasons why you consider it damn good or you're just another moron who can't justify why a movie was good or bad and will wildly jump to conclusions.

Excuse me, allow me to change "Damn Good" to "Personally, I really enjoyed this film"
I'm far from a moron, and I know this. I also know that you're a movie snob. It's painfully obvious, your liking Superbad doesn't excuse you of this.
I like the Science of Sleep because of the individuality and genuine-ness of the characters and of the dialogue. I have seen very few movies that rival it's sincerity. It was sweet and that's why I enjoyed it.
the book of right on

Andrew1911

Quote from: skylark-e on June 05, 2008, 02:34:41 PM
Excuse me, allow me to change "Damn Good" to "Personally, I really enjoyed this film"
I'm far from a moron, and I know this. I also know that you're a movie snob. It's painfully obvious, your liking Superbad doesn't excuse you of this.
I like the Science of Sleep because of the individuality and genuine-ness of the characters and of the dialogue. I have seen very few movies that rival it's sincerity. It was sweet and that's why I enjoyed it.

You're not far from a moron if you still think I'm a movie snob.

I didn't find the movie to be that genuine and true for most of it. It seemed to be too artificial for most of it. Only very few scenes seemed to ring true. It was an especially disappointing film from Gondry who just came off of some masterful direction in Eternal Sunshine.

Go Up