September 30, 2024, 11:21:19 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Senior Exhibition Project

Started by Sam, May 27, 2008, 08:14:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

So in my school every senior has to complete a "Senior Ex" before they're allowed to graduate. For your senior ex, you can do anything you want at all, as long as you learn some useful life-lesson in the process.

I'm doing this thing called "early start" which essentially means I do my project in the summer, present it in the fall, and I'm completely done and ready to graduate by the second semester. However, it also means I have to start giving in my "learning Proposal Plan" and such.. well... tomorrow. Unfortunately, I only rememebered this yesterday.

I've already sent in something about a month ago, like a basic proposal plan, saying what my basic project was gonna be.I can't change that now. It's an easy one though, I'm making a website. I figure I'm on the computer all day anyway, might as well do something that I can stay on for. >.>

Given, I suck at all things technologic and it'll be some shitty thing where I place together some nice simple html codes, but it doesn't matter and that's besides the point right now.

Right now my problem is that I need a "Content Consultant".  They do this stuff, I guess:
Quote* communicate clearly to the student what their role will be, when they can meet with the student, and what their time and skill limitations are;
* assist the student in clarifying his/her goals and objectives; and developing a plan that will result in achieving them;
* meet with the student at least twice a month for a period of three months to provide input, make suggestions, assess how the student is understanding and applying your feedback.
* ask the student questions and challenge him/her to move beyond what s/he already knows, at the same time realizing that learners are vulnerable because they are taking risks;
* be available to answer the studentââ,¬â,,¢s questions in a non-judgmental manner, allowing the student to learn from his/her mistakes.
*help the student evaluate the entire process and the final, product prior to the exhibition phase;
*complete the Content Consultant Verification Form when the student is ready to make his/her presentation.

Unfortunately, because I waited so long, I REALLY need to find someone in Branford who knows this crap, but I hate talking to strangers. ;-;

What do I do?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Chris (JayJay)

Cookie

How can that be hard to find a topic? You can pick anything you want it sounds like....

Go Up