Hypothetically, what if you found out your friend was gay?

Started by SBKT, May 18, 2007, 01:17:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on September 12, 2007, 01:36:00 PM
Then you quote the post and say "I feel the same way" or "I agree with him".   Otherwise we'd end up with threads with nothing but quoting.

There would be two posts in the belief in god thread: Yes and No, everything else would be quotes from those posts.
No, because there are many different beliefs about God, or abortion, or w/e...

If you look through this thread most of the replies are the same, even if worded slightly differently.

guff

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on September 12, 2007, 01:40:49 PM
If you look through this thread most of the replies are the same, even if worded slightly differently.
Therefore, everyone should do their part to make it even worse. spam;

You should at least follow what you claim to be the lead of the others by wording your posts slightly differently.

Houdini

Why is everyone worried about their friends hitting on them? Every other post in this thread is "I think it's okay and I'm totally tolerant and gay rights are cool woohoo unless they start hitting on me ew yucky"

guff

Quote from: Guava on September 12, 2007, 05:27:39 PM
Why is everyone worried about their friends hitting on them?
cuz its gross

Probably an insecurity thing.  OH NO WHAT IF MY FRIENDS THINK I WOULDN'T MIND SOMEONE GAY HITTING ON ME PANIC ATTACK PANIC ATTACK

ncba93ivyase

Why is everyone worried about their friends hitting on them? Every other post in this thread is "I think it's okay and I'm totally tolerant and gay rights are cool woohoo unless they start hitting on me ew yucky"
If anything, these people should be happy that someone loves them to some extent.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Himu

I wouldnt care even if they hit on me.  But if they were perverted then no.  I dont even want friends of the opposite sex being perverted to me.  But guys that act like flaming feminine to the extreme that even the most feminine girls wouldnt act like is creepy and weird.  Still tolerable though.

Hyper

BSS

Well, why would a gay man hit on someone he knows is straight? It's not like straight guys go out and try to hook up with lesbians.
tbtf

Daddy

Quote from: BSS on September 13, 2007, 08:22:40 AM
Well, why would a gay man hit on someone he knows is straight? It's not like straight guys go out and try to hook up with lesbians.
I have. :(

It wasn't a surprise that I got turned down.

Houdini

Quote from: BSS on September 13, 2007, 08:22:40 AM
I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

Quote from: BSS on August 29, 2007, 07:08:50 PM
If one of my guy friends turned gay and started hitting on me and whatnot, then we might have a problem

BSS

Quote from: Guava on September 13, 2007, 05:28:01 PM
I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

I would have a problem if one of my girl friends started hitting on me, too. If you aren't interested it just makes everything awkward. No one would want a gay friend hitting on them, because that means the friend thinks you are gay and makes things even more awkward.

Why would someone do it? I don't know. Obviously there are people who would, though.

(Unless JMV's post was sarcasm... although still, I would bet there are some people who would.)
tbtf

Houdini

Quote from: BSS on September 13, 2007, 05:33:04 PM
I would have a problem if one of my girl friends started hitting on me, too. If you aren't interested it just makes everything awkward. No one would want a gay friend hitting on them, because that means the friend thinks you are gay and makes things even more awkward.

Why would someone do it? I don't know. Obviously there are people who would, though.

(Unless JMV's post was sarcasm... although still, I would bet there are some people who would.)
Go back and read Guff's post.

Infel

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still alive. Since I visited this last, two more friends revealed themselves, and THEN some, including a british stalker girl.

Basically, nothing has changed. I wonder if homosexuality is becoming so common it's hardly noticable, or is it just the lack of Spalding-types out there to scare people?

Shoj

I wouldn't criticize them for it. And I'd stay friends with him/her. (I'm actually friends with a girl who's bi, lol.)

I wouldn't like it, though, if someone else knew my friend was gay and then associated me with him, and then assumed I was gay. Hell no.

So... I'd think of some way to avoid everyone from assuming anything, and find some way to manage us still being friends.

Houdini

Quote from: Shoj on September 14, 2007, 02:52:34 PM
I wouldn't like it, though, if someone else knew my friend was gay and then associated me with him, and then assumed I was gay. Hell no.
Don't hang out with the guy with the big nose, or people might think you have a big nose too.

Go Up