April 28, 2024, 08:30:17 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

American Beauty.avi

Started by reeper, April 07, 2008, 03:29:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

What a great movie.

Though the ending wasn't as fucked up as I had hoped for and the guy with the camera was a terrible character but all the other characters were awesome.

One of the best movies.

Snorkel

I saw that awhile ago, and since then I keep seeing it referred to as a much better movie than I really remember... but I hardly remember it. I think I'll watch it again.

reeper

Quote from: Snorkel on April 07, 2008, 04:10:38 PM
I saw that awhile ago, and since then I keep seeing it referred to as a much better movie than I really remember... but I hardly remember it. I think I'll watch it again.
You were probably a bit young when you first watched it and didn't understand most of it or think deeply about the movie or weren't entirely watching it or something.

I can't see how you can call it a bad movie, its a great movie.

Snorkel

Quote from: reefer on April 07, 2008, 08:39:46 PM
You were probably a bit young when you first watched it and didn't understand most of it or think deeply about the movie or weren't entirely watching it or something.

I can't see how you can call it a bad movie, its a great movie.

Yes, that's probably pretty accurate. After re-watching it I realise the beauty of it; the idea of setting up the awful reality of suburban American life is quite cliché however this movie does it with a great twist, and with great acting and art direction to boot.

One line in particular I totally don't remember but really liked was, "At least I'm not ugly!" ... "Yes you are. And you're ordinary. And you know it."

Great movie.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I loved all the red symblolism. Watch it again and notice how much red is everyfreakingwhere.

wawi

Quote from: Boognish on April 09, 2008, 09:56:03 AM
I loved all the red symblolism.

Like in the Sixth Sense?

I've never seen American Beauty, I've heard it was good, though.

reeper

Quote from: Boognish on April 09, 2008, 09:56:03 AM
I loved all the red symblolism. Watch it again and notice how much red is everyfreakingwhere.
I noticed that and it's quite obvious. Noticed it the first time I saw it because the roses kinda gave it away. I suppose it symbolized his lust for the young girl and his lose of lust from his wife.

Lovefoxxx

it was a good film, but there was just a serious lack of hard gay action....not to mention teenage boobies =/

Nyerp

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on April 14, 2008, 07:56:32 AM
it was a good film, but there was just a serious lack of hard gay action....not to mention teenage boobies =/

hurr!

reeper

Quote from: Snorkel on April 08, 2008, 04:45:50 PM
One line in particular I totally don't remember but really liked was, "At least I'm not ugly!" ... "Yes you are. And you're ordinary. And you know it."

Great movie.
Everyone likes that line, though I didn't like the roll of Ricky that line was pretty badass. Ricky was just too "omg im so original and cool and smart but im quite too"

Nyerp

Quote from: reefer on April 14, 2008, 09:43:48 PM
Everyone likes that line, though I didn't like the roll of Ricky that line was pretty badass. Ricky was just too "omg im so original and cool and smart but im quite too"

You make many error!

also i didn't like him either

Go Up