October 05, 2024, 03:46:29 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wolflink64

Quote from: ââ,¬Â omboh on June 07, 2008, 10:28:52 PM
I only opened the DS section. To my disgust I found Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and New Super Mario Bros. on there.

I didn't even bother to see your opinions on the other three systems. doodthing;
:(

Multiplayer modes got them there.

strongbad

Quote from: wolflink64 on June 08, 2008, 06:39:22 PM
:(

Multiplayer modes got them there.

What the hell?
The multiplayer on both games sucked balls.

Tomboh

wolflink64

No, I'm not. I really liked the multiplayer modes on both. PH's could get a little annoying at times, but it was online, and as a Zelda game, for it to be above average is phenomenal. NSMB's was great, especially with friends. I played it for countless hours at Forensics meets. One of us would typically get the mega mushroom and run around. The other person would nearly wet his pants trying to get away. It was full of excitement, especially when you needed that last star to get.

You guys must have no friends.  doodthing;

Tomboh

Quote from: wolflink64 on June 08, 2008, 07:12:22 PM
No, I'm not. I really liked the multiplayer modes on both. PH's could get a little annoying at times, but it was online, and as a Zelda game, for it to be above average is phenomenal. NSMB's was great, especially with friends. I played it for countless hours at Forensics meets. One of us would typically get the mega mushroom and run around. The other person would nearly wet his pants trying to get away. It was full of excitement, especially when you needed that last star to get.

lolololol so you were serious

the zelda game i played online maybe 10-20 times before i realized it was bull shit, and the NSMB multiplayer (not the mini games) was so repeatitive and boring.

the minigames on nsmb wasnt too bad but it got old fast

wolflink64

Quote from: ââ,¬Â omboh on June 08, 2008, 07:15:47 PM
lolololol so you were serious

the zelda game i played online maybe 10-20 times before i realized it was bull shit, and the NSMB multiplayer (not the mini games) was so repeatitive and boring.

the minigames on nsmb wasnt too bad but it got old fast
PH wasn't all that great, because there would come a point where your opponent just guarded his force gems like shit, so you had to wait around and hope for an item that would be useful. When it came to be your turn for when this happens, your phantoms would be slow to react to the guy just barely stepping out and grabbing the biggest gem. other than that though, it could be a lot of fun.

And all multiplayer is repetitive, really. It's the same concept over and over again, it just depends on how diverse the stages and stuff were. NSMB didn't have a huge selection of stages, but there were enough for me to stay interested. Minigames I didn't pay much attention to because I played them all mostly before in SM64DS

Kalahari Inkantation

I wish Phantom Hourglass' multiplayer modes were just beating the hell out of each other, like in Four Swords Adventures, and/or having some awesome ship battles by shooting bombs at each other. That would have been so awesome.
But the stupid "lol guard ur gems" thing really is pretty shitty.

wolflink64

Quote from: Derren T. Sebring on June 08, 2008, 08:09:24 PM
I wish Phantom Hourglass' multiplayer modes were just beating the hell out of each other, like in Four Swords Adventures, and/or having some awesome ship battles by shooting bombs at each other. That would have been so awesome.
But the stupid "lol guard ur gems" thing really is pretty shitty.
That would have been better.

Commander Fuckass

PSP list needs Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Quote from: wolflink64 on June 08, 2008, 07:12:22 PM

lmao
I have friends, they're just not dumbasses

Tomboh

Quote from: wolflink64 on June 08, 2008, 07:21:01 PM
And all multiplayer is repetitive, really. It's the same concept over and over again, it just depends on how diverse the stages and stuff were. NSMB didn't have a huge selection of stages, but there were enough for me to stay interested. Minigames I didn't pay much attention to because I played them all mostly before in SM64DS
not really. most multiplayer games have a ton of options and different ways to play

nsmb had 3 or 5 stages and you did the same exact thing in each stage

Go Up