September 29, 2024, 02:33:15 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ugh my friend Pink Floyd was "overrated as shit"

Started by The artist formally known, March 14, 2008, 02:09:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on March 15, 2008, 07:25:02 AM
Overrated doesn't equate to bad.

But yes, they're up along with kiss and led zeppelin
Kiss? No one loves them too much around me. Led Zeppelin is way way up there though I love some of their songs. Nirvana is the king.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazanova on March 15, 2008, 11:09:56 AM
Apparently you don't know shit about music.

Kiss is a joke. They had a few catchy yet obnoxious hits and the rest of their music is pretty much utter shit. They're overrated, but they also just plain suck, unlike Zeppelin and Floyd.
I guess I didn't finish my post but what I was saying was Pink Floyd is as overrated as Kiss and Led Zeppelin

They each appeal to some crowd (pink floyd to kids and kiss to thirty year olds) that really doesn't do anything but listen to one or two songs casually, yet those listeners often think they're one of the greatest things ever just because they have that one song.

Then there are actual fans and aljkgkjdsg
Quote from: reefer on March 15, 2008, 12:35:03 PM
Kiss? No one loves them too much around me. Led Zeppelin is way way up there though I love some of their songs. Nirvana is the king.
Every person over 25 and under 50 I knew in Pennsylvania obsessed over Kiss, but I can't say I like them.

But yeah, I was actually going for Nirvana instead of Kiss but my mind was kind of dead.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Hmmm. My two must have floyd albums are definently piper and wish you were here. And, did anyone else enjoy the final cut as much as I did?

They're hardly overrated. Dsotm gets a bit too much attention and the wall is a little flawed, but overall they really painted some amazing musical landscapes (Shine on you crazy diamond is genius). Nah, you get the kids who wear the dsotm tee-shirts just because they like the prism. I guess you cant be overrated when you have solid material to back you up.

Houdini

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Houdini on March 15, 2008, 08:29:09 PM
No.

Care to expand? Despite it essentially being a roger waters solo effort, it really wasn't that badly put together. I guess I dont really see why it got so much negativity.

Houdini

Quote from: Boognish on March 15, 2008, 09:31:56 PM
Care to expand? Despite it essentially being a roger waters solo effort, it really wasn't that badly put together. I guess I dont really see why it got so much negativity.
I haven't actually listened to it.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazanova on March 15, 2008, 11:09:56 AM
Apparently you don't know shit about music.

Kiss is a joke. They had a few catchy yet obnoxious hits and the rest of their music is pretty much utter shit. They're overrated, but they also just plain suck, unlike Zeppelin and Floyd.

Kiss isn't THAT bad. I mean, I can at least respect them a bit (except Peter Criss for being a fag and Gene Simmons for being an asshole). But yeah, they made a lot of songs that are less on the rock n' roll, more on the annoyances.
I support BUSH

The artist formally known

Funny story. I was in Taco bell and someone had pointed out I was wearing Iron Maiden shoes (ill post pictures later<3) and he told me how he  had seem them and told me of a few others, said Kiss as well without the make-up. He said the drummer was on a tank, and it would move around and the tank would fire a sound wave and blow out your ear drums.

Sounds fucking awesome.

sans culottes

Yeah, they had really crazy shit going on during their concerts.

And despite a lot of their songs sucking, <3 Detroit Rock City.
I support BUSH

Go Up