What I'm going to say may terrify children and possibly offend you

Started by ncba93ivyase, March 06, 2008, 07:43:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C Mongler on March 08, 2008, 04:23:06 PM
Also how the fuck can you compare Castlevania to Ninja Gaiden, I really don't see the similarities.
The NES ones are Castlevania in a modern setting with wall climbing and excessive shittiness.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on March 08, 2008, 05:20:49 PM
The NES ones are Castlevania in a modern setting with wall climbing and excessive shittiness.

So you're Castlevania is shitty then?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C Mongler on March 08, 2008, 06:54:53 PM
So you're Castlevania is shitty then?
I think I was insinuating that Castlevania is good and that Ninja Gaiden is just utter slop.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: steal on March 08, 2008, 08:08:52 PM
how so

please sir, elaborate, upon what exactly makes ninja gaiden utter slop
go on
There must've been a time you try to like something and you just find it impossible to like for an unknown raisin.

It feels like you're consistently being knocked back. You jump onto a platform, an enemy spawns in the middle of the screen, you fall back onto a wall, but your weakass little arms aren't nearly strong enough to climb up and over the ledge and instead all you can do is jump to the opposite side (oh wow that really makes a lot of sense). Your little blade only strikes a few pixels in front of you and your extra attacks are useless. Enemies continuously respawn just about 20 pixels (or less) in front of you. You can keep whacking B, but they'll keep on coming. You never see an enemy come out of the right side of the screen (because they spawn near the middle), but it's not uncommon to have some jumping little midget come flying out the left right as you make a jump, leaving you to get stuck on the side and having to commit suicide.

There's more that I hate about the old ones but I really can't find the words to put it all together.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on March 08, 2008, 08:16:35 PM
There must've been a time you try to like something and you just find it impossible to like for an unknown raisin.

It feels like you're consistently being knocked back. You jump onto a platform, an enemy spawns in the middle of the screen, you fall back onto a wall, but your weakass little arms aren't nearly strong enough to climb up and over the ledge and instead all you can do is jump to the opposite side (oh wow that really makes a lot of sense). Your little blade only strikes a few pixels in front of you and your extra attacks are useless. Enemies continuously respawn just about 20 pixels (or less) in front of you. You can keep whacking B, but they'll keep on coming. You never see an enemy come out of the right side of the screen (because they spawn near the middle), but it's not uncommon to have some jumping little midget come flying out the left right as you make a jump, leaving you to get stuck on the side and having to commit suicide.

There's more that I hate about the old ones but I really can't find the words to put it all together.

So basically you hate it because its hard?

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on March 06, 2008, 07:54:17 PM
The old Ninja Gaiden games are particularly awful.
Seriously

The Gaiden series is pretty, shallow in my opinion. Not god awful, just not too fun to play. If you can beat it, you either are a real man or need a life; and a new controller.

Go Up