June 30, 2024, 02:30:58 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hiro's Music

Started by Hiro, March 08, 2008, 10:18:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 08, 2008, 06:15:09 PM
Question, if someone made a thread full of MCR, Fall Out Boy, and Panic at the Disco songs and you said "They all suck", would that make you close minded?
Not necessarily. If I said emo sucks, I'd be close minded, but MCR, Fall Out Boy, and Panic at the Disco are not the only emo bands.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 08, 2008, 06:17:06 PM
Not necessarily. If I said emo sucks, I'd be close minded, but MCR, Fall Out Boy, and Panic at the Disco are not the only emo bands.

So then.

Let's say you go to a forum. You've never been there before, and the first thread you see is "What are your favorite bands?". One guy posts fifty metal bands and says "I generally only listen to metal". Is he close minded?
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 08, 2008, 06:19:26 PM
So then.

Let's say you go to a forum. You've never been there before, and the first thread you see is "What are your favorite bands?". One guy posts fifty metal bands and says "I generally only listen to metal". Is he close minded?
I don't know, I'm not psychic.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 08, 2008, 07:06:19 PM
I don't know, I'm not psychic.

So why do you assume I'm close minded because I mainly listen to old rock?
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 09, 2008, 09:58:36 AM
So why do you assume I'm close minded because I mainly listen to old rock?
Because you put down everything that isn't old.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 09, 2008, 03:18:06 PM
Because you put down everything that isn't old.

No I don't.

According to my iTunes library, 265 out of my 2224 songs were made in this decade. Most of those songs are made by new bands.

Just because I don't like a lot of new music doesn't mean I hate all of it.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 09, 2008, 05:56:52 PM
No I don't.

According to my iTunes library, 265 out of my 2224 songs were made in this decade. Most of those songs are made by new bands.

Just because I don't like a lot of new music doesn't mean I hate all of it.
They don't count if they're bands like Buckcherry or Jet that rip off older stuff.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 09, 2008, 06:28:12 PM
They don't count if they're bands like Buckcherry or Jet that rip off older stuff.

Not all are. And how is it ripping off if you're highly influenced by something?

Every band could be considered to be 'ripping off' of something. The Ramones ripped off the pre-punk scene, Nirvana ripped off the early grunge scene, and Elvis totally ripped off of rock n' roll.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 09, 2008, 09:58:48 PM
Not all are. And how is it ripping off if you're highly influenced by something?

Every band could be considered to be 'ripping off' of something. The Ramones ripped off the pre-punk scene, Nirvana ripped off the early grunge scene, and Elvis totally ripped off of rock n' roll.
I'm not talking about ripping off, I'm talking about flat-out mimicking.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 10, 2008, 03:27:22 PM
I'm not talking about ripping off, I'm talking about flat-out mimicking.

Buckcherry, as you mentioned, used to have a great similarity to old hard rock.

Now they're making horrible songs like "Sorry".
I support BUSH

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Go Up