July 02, 2024, 11:39:28 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

best pink floyd album

Started by sans culottes, March 15, 2008, 07:15:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

vote, lol

The Piper at the Gates of Down
0 (0%)
Meddle
1 (10%)
The Dark Side Of The Moon
2 (20%)
Wish You Were Here
4 (40%)
Animals
2 (20%)
The Wall
1 (10%)
Other...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Samus Aran

God damn it how dare you force me to choose between Animals and WYWH.  :(

Houdini

LINK2K9

lol lara lol

The artist formally known

Wish you were here has every song I fucking love but The Wall has Trial and some other gems but I CAN'T DECIDE. Okay. I'll put Wish you were here.

Snorkel

Dark Side of The Moon, mostly because of Any Colour You Like.

sans culottes

I, too, could not decide so I didn't vote when I started this poll.

I made up my mind, Meddle.
I support BUSH

The artist formally known

I just woke up to Pink Floyd playing and holy shit, it was some Dark Side of the Moon tracks off of Echoes I think and I saw a huge respect for that album. Even Great Gig in the Sky which is my least favorite Pink Floyd song almost ever.

I think I like Dark Side a lot, but Wish you Were here I suppose is still my favorite

sans culottes

I guess I don't like WYWH as much as everyone else because I was never really into Shine on You Crazy Diamond very much.
I support BUSH

Snorkel

Quote from: Co-Z on March 16, 2008, 06:55:53 AM
I guess I don't like WYWH as much as everyone else because I was never really into Shine on You Crazy Diamond very much.

I love it... great sax solo.

I think I like Wish You Were Here as much as Dark Side of The Moon, with Meddle close behind. Any Colour You Like is still one of the best songs ever.

sans culottes

Quote from: Snorkel on March 16, 2008, 06:07:49 PM
I think I like Wish You Were Here as much as Dark Side of The Moon, with Meddle close behind. Any Colour You Like is still one of the best songs ever.

One time in Theater class we had to use an instrumental song as the background to a 2 or 3 minute individual pantomime scene. I grabbed by Dark Side CD and used Any Colour You Like
I support BUSH

Snorkel

Quote from: Co-Z on March 16, 2008, 10:32:40 PM
One time in Theater class we had to use an instrumental song as the background to a 2 or 3 minute individual pantomime scene. I grabbed by Dark Side CD and used Any Colour You Like

I've used it as background noise for stuff too... it's the perfect song for that.

If I could pick any one song on any album that I wanted an entire album made from, I'd pick Any Colour You Like -- it's just so much different than the rest of album, sort of a nice interlude that has its own story and everything all in the synthy chords.

sans culottes

Yeah, it's a pretty cool instrumental.

I left on a long road trip on Monday, got back today after another long trip back. So, basically, I had time to listen to a lotta Floyd albums, and I've concluded that Meddle is definitely my favorite.

Still not sure what the 'best' is.
I support BUSH

Go Up