Other than general activity and posting, what do you provide for Boyah?

Started by Samus Aran, March 05, 2008, 09:10:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

The foundation which I've left the other admins to fiddle around with for now.

Also my dog in suit

Ringo

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on March 05, 2008, 10:17:43 PM

Also my dog in suit

Don't forget all your adorable little typos. :3

Ringo

Quote from: reefer on March 05, 2008, 10:17:43 PM

Also my dog in suit
I remember the dog suit.

[spoiler][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/g0tduck547/MySpace%20Shit/bear_shining_costume.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: _____ on March 05, 2008, 10:24:05 PM
I remember the dog suit.

[spoiler][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/g0tduck547/MySpace%20Shit/bear_shining_costume.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

When I saw the movie, I really had to wonder why they included that part. It's useless because there was no previous mention of all the people who still "haunt" the hotel the way the book brought them up.

Quote from: reefer on March 05, 2008, 10:25:14 PM
what typies

barley

Ringo

Quote from: Kazanova on March 05, 2008, 10:27:47 PM
When I saw the movie, I really had to wonder why they included that part. It's useless because there was no previous mention of all the people who still "haunt" the hotel the way the book brought them up.

I think it was mostly for psychological effect. It really has no place in the film considering they didn't choose to go the route of actually explaining the backgrounds of most of the previous tenants. I'm not saying that's neccessarily a bad thing though, most of King's books don't translate well to film. Kubrick was smart enough to know that and in turn made a masterpiece.

While on subject, what do you think of the way they changed the ending?

Quote from: _____ on March 05, 2008, 10:33:05 PM
I think it was mostly for psychological effect. It really has no place in the film considering they didn't choose to go the route of actually explaining the backgrounds of most of the previous tenants. I'm not saying that's neccessarily a bad thing though, most of King's books don't translate well to film. Kubrick was smart enough to know that and in turn made a masterpiece.

There was a book?

Ringo

Quote from: reefer on March 05, 2008, 10:34:58 PM
There was a book?
Yes.

The Shining by Stephen King, one of the rare moments when the film was actually better than the book.

Samus Aran

Quote from: _____ on March 05, 2008, 10:33:05 PM

Well, for the most part, the ending wasn't bad. The only thing really wrong with it was how they had Hollorann drive back the hotel only to be killed immediately when he went inside. I guess it was a nice bit of "oh my god I didn't expect that," but it really made him mostly pointless other than talking about the shine in the first place.

I'm also not way too fond of the hedge maze chase. But I like the way Kubrick presented Jack's death by freezing.

Quote from: _____ on March 05, 2008, 10:36:18 PM
Yes.

The Shining by Stephen King, one of the rare moments when the film was actually better than the book.
im just joking but seriously, i didn't know the ending was different

i dont read books  :(

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on March 05, 2008, 11:07:07 PM
im just joking but seriously, i didn't know the ending was different

i dont read books  :(

The end of the book featured the hotel exploding because Jack was also supposed to tend to the furnace of the hotel but in his insanity he pretty much forgot about it and it eventually blew up, while Jack was in there with the furnace. Also Hollorann didn't die.

Geno

I love how discussion on Boyah goes so far off from the original topic   doodthing;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

don't let's

I'm pretty sure that I provide absolutely nothing besides minimal activity.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Genocyde on March 05, 2008, 11:11:57 PM
I love how discussion on Boyah goes so far off from the original topic   doodthing;

Yeah, but it moved into an awesome new topic, so it's okay. doodella;

Go Up