September 24, 2024, 10:23:51 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Gamecube games you missed out on.

Started by The artist formally known, February 12, 2008, 09:44:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Claquesous

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 02:58:42 PM
What's so bad about RE4? Sure, it's very different from the others, but it's by no means a bad game.

Nothing, I like 4. I meant that I haven't played any RE game besides 4.

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 10:41:34 PM
Why aren't things jumping out and trying to make me have a heart attack?
I've found RE4 a little more scary than the original RE.

In RE it's just like you walk into a room, and suddenly the shitty camera allows you to see a few box shapped zombies and then some faster music plays.

In RE4, you might walk towards what you think is a dead guy strapped to the wall, and then the bitch comes alive, extends his wolverine things, and starts going ape shit at you. Running at you, then stopping swinging his arms around so that it looks like it is having a seizure (no offense MIB).

Not to mention the Regenerators/Iron Maidens. >.<

strongbad

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 10:41:34 PM
Oh I dunno, I can still enjoy the over-the-shoulder thing for the most part. The only thing that really disappoints me about RE4 is that it doesn't really implement horror like the other 3 did. Why aren't things jumping out and trying to make me have a heart attack? Still a great game overall, though. Just not really survival horror.

I don't know...
Those snakes scare the fuck out of me.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tomboh on February 14, 2008, 08:41:22 PM

In RE it's just like you walk into a room, and suddenly the shitty camera allows you to see a few box shapped zombies and then some faster music plays.

In RE4, you might walk towards what you think is a dead guy strapped to the wall, and then the bitch comes alive, extends his wolverine things, and starts going ape shit at you. Running at you, then stopping swinging his arms around so that it looks like it is having a seizure (no offense MIB).

Bioshock is loaded with stuff like that, except it'll actually scare the shit out of you because it sometimes seems so real.

I just play RE4 and I'm like myface;. I just don't find it very entertaining.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on February 14, 2008, 08:51:08 PM
Bioshock is loaded with stuff like that, except it'll actually scare the shit out of you because it sometimes seems so real.

I just play RE4 and I'm like myface;. I just don't find it very entertaining.
i heard bioshock was pretty ezee tho

also, can i run bioshucks with 1024mb of ram/1.2ghz/GeForce 6200/windows XP?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tomboh on February 14, 2008, 08:59:30 PM
i heard bioshock was pretty ezee tho

also, can i run bioshucks with 1024mb of ram/1.2ghz/GeForce 6200/windows XP?

You could run around medium low settings if you upgraded to a decent processor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2+50001157+40000343+4027&name=%2475+-+%24100

any of those should do well as well as maybe one or two in the price range just right below it

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Yeah, I have to admit I was pretty much like "OH GOD HOLY SHIT" the first time I encountered a Garrador (blinded prisoner you were talking about). I just seem to remember the giant alligator in RE2 making me jump a little more than anything in RE4. Maybe that's just because I was only like 12 when I played RE2, but whatever.

Also, yeah, Regenerators/Iron Maidens are pretty creepy. It's kind of cool how you can manipulate a glitch for that prison right before the end of the game that lets you get up to a Regenerator without it attacking. You can see its crazy eyes up close.

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 14, 2008, 08:43:04 PM
I don't know...
Those snakes scare the fuck out of me.

god i hate those fucking snakes so much

almost as much as i hate the wolves in that game

The artist formally known

Thats because you played RE1 years after it came out.

Hunters were scary as shit years ago and anyways RE0, RE2, RE3 are all fucking scary, RE1 isn't too scary.

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on February 15, 2008, 12:23:38 AM
god i hate those fucking snakes so much

almost as much as i hate the wolves in that game
ive played the game enough times to remember where all the snakes are

baddood;

Tomboh

Quote from: reefer on February 15, 2008, 12:59:17 AM
Thats because you played RE1 years after it came out.

Hunters were scary as shit years ago and anyways RE0, RE2, RE3 are all fucking scary, RE1 isn't too scary.
how is playing it years after it came out a reason for it not being as scary?

and sry, ive only seen videos online of 0,2, and 3 and seen by cousins play re3. so i cant say too much on them

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tomboh on February 15, 2008, 08:02:50 PM
ive played the game enough times to remember where all the snakes are

baddood;

I know where most of them are, but on my newest playthrough (on Professional, which has turned out to be only very slightly harder so far), I still got surprised by one of them.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Kaz on February 15, 2008, 08:08:07 PM
I know where most of them are, but on my newest playthrough (on Professional, which has turned out to be only very slightly harder so far), I still got surprised by one of them.
Use the punisher to open crates, you'll kill the snake most of the time.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Cameron the Smash Fag on February 15, 2008, 08:41:17 PM
Use the punisher to open crates, you'll kill the snake most of the time.

I always sell the Punisher right after getting it. I keep a plain handgun until the Red9 becomes available. I do the same thing for the Shotgun until the Striker becomes available. Saves pasetas and really doesn't make much of a difference on gameplay.

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on February 15, 2008, 10:26:38 PM
I always sell the Punisher right after getting it. I keep a plain handgun until the Red9 becomes available. I do the same thing for the Shotgun until the Striker becomes available. Saves pasetas and really doesn't make much of a difference on gameplay.
i do wat kaz does. red9 is superior

Also, after I beat game i sell enough stuff to get fully upgraded handcannon with a single other magnum. i then get a lot more magnum ammo from enimies cuz they drop more of what you have in inventory. so then i sell magnum for moar profit and then get all guns i want, which is IRL, Typewriter, Red9 (its too awesome to let go), and semi-auto rifle

Thyme

Go Up