June 30, 2024, 02:37:47 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Very simple songs that are just amazing.

Started by The artist formally known, February 13, 2008, 01:25:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

February 13, 2008, 01:25:18 AM Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:01:48 AM by reefer
Simple, very simple.

To Bid You Farewell, Weakness, Benighted (the beginning is very simple.), all by Opeth.

Most Tenhi songs I've heard as well. Can't think of any more at the moment and don't want to change the song I'm listening to because it's fucking awesome. (To Bid You Farewell)

sans culottes

Simple songs, ohellyea. Everyone wants to talk about masterpieces, but simplicity is pretty awesome. Listen to the Ramones and experience the magic of it.
I support BUSH

Ramones are okay but I can't say they're a master piece. Punk is simple, at least most of it, but that doesn't make it good.

sans culottes

I'm just giving an example. The Ramones pretty much used only three chords in most of their songs, turning the complex styles of rock that emerged in the early 70's and making them something easy and fun.
I support BUSH

V

Quote from: steal on February 14, 2008, 09:15:04 AM
To Bid You Farewell isn't simple at all, there's a lot of parts to it, it doesn't have a standard structure, and both guitars are doing different things, with all kinds of harmonies and stuff. Benighted's fairly complex too, although it's got a pretty basic structure. To Bid You Farewell is probably in my top 5 favorite Opeth songs though.

Whiplash by Metallica seems like one of the simplest songs ever if you disregard the solos, but it's so damn awesome, same with Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria.
Welcome Home isn't simple but yeah.

To Bid You farewell is simple for Opeth  caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: steal on February 18, 2008, 02:07:59 AM
I can play it, therefore it's simple. :(
I meant songs that were simple as in just mellow but yes the guitar in that song is pretty easy.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Road to Nowhere is pretty simple when David Byrne does it live.

Go Up