July 02, 2024, 11:25:41 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Opeth's 9th Studio Album

Started by Placebo Headwound, February 07, 2008, 01:55:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

February 07, 2008, 01:55:47 PM Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 12:55:09 AM by reefer
"Watershed" is the name of Opeth?s 9th studio observation. The album has just been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren with M. ?kerfeldt. The album consist of 7 songs and the titles are as follows:

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. The Lotus Eater
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7. Hex Omega

All the songs have been written by M. ?kerfeldt apart from "Porcelain Heart" which was co-written with Fredrik ?kesson. One additonal track, "Derelict Herds" has also been recorded and this was written by Mikael ?kerfeldt and Per Wiberg. On top of this, 3 cover songs has been recorded. "Bridge of sighs" from Robin Trower?s 1974 Lp with the same title, "Den st?ndiga resan" (sung in Swedish) by Marie Fredriksson as well as the classic Alice in Chains song, "Would?".

The album was recorded at Fascination street studios during November 1 and December 13. Some addtional recordings were done between January 3rd and 7th. Produced by Jens Bogren and Mikael ?kerfeldt and Opeth.

Says Mikael ?kerfeldt: "I?ve worked so hard with these songs for quite some time now, I?ve listened to 'em a zillion times. I don't hate them just yet! The album sounds great sonically and I think I can hear us evolving as the record plays on. It is taking us somewhere musically and I don't know where. It's very exciting to say the least! I can't remember having enjoyed a recording this much ever before."

The cover was (as usual) designed by Travis Smith in co-operation with ?kerfeldt. Release date is yet to be confirmed but Roadrunner worldwide will have it out sometime in the Springtime of this year."

Just posted on their Myspace, thought you guys would like to know about it.

And by "you guys", I mean Reaper and Steal.

LCK

I downloaded a few Opeth songs about a week ago, and they're absolutely amazing.

Now, if I were to buy one Opeth album, which should I get? Or...if I were to download an album.

LCK

Quote from: steal on February 07, 2008, 08:32:46 PM
I LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY
...except for Orchid :(

Ghost Reveries is a good place to start, although I have to say my favorites are Still Life and Damnation (the all mellow one).
I've got one song from Damnation, Death Whispered a Lullaby and I love it. I've also got Harvest, Dirge for November, and Circle of Tyrants. I think I really prefer their more mellow songs.
Death Whispered a Lullaby...just seems to soothe me. >.<

Placebo Headwound

Get Still Life first. Its definitely their best, in my opinion. baddood;

And get Damnation too while you're at it.

LCK

It's settled then. Next time I get paid, I'm buying Still Life, and Damnation.

Claquesous

I listened to a song just now, out of curiosity. It was pretty good.

sans culottes

I don't really care for Opeth but just to contribute to the discussion,

Opeth is an awesome band name. When I hear it, I think of a metalhead growling "OOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEETTTH" while he vomits into a toilet.

I looked 'em up on YouTube and I'm listening to 'Harvest' right now it's alright. Cool to see some progressive stuff into metal, sure beats a lot of today's metal.
I support BUSH

Daphnia

The growing makes me giggle.

But his actual singing is great. And we all know how incredible the music itself is. I am most fond of Ghost Reveries.

The artist formally known

dont care for it that much, gr wasn't that good (it was good but wasn't amazing).

hopefully im wrong. also i have already seen this. WHAT A TERRIBLE ALBUM NAME

Quote from: Trevor on February 07, 2008, 08:22:11 PM
I downloaded a few Opeth songs about a week ago, and they're absolutely amazing.

Now, if I were to buy one Opeth album, which should I get? Or...if I were to download an album.
blackwater park.

no questions

Quote from: Co-Z on February 11, 2008, 09:46:02 PM
I don't really care for Opeth but just to contribute to the discussion,

Opeth is an awesome band name. When I hear it, I think of a metalhead growling "OOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEETTTH" while he vomits into a toilet.

I looked 'em up on YouTube and I'm listening to 'Harvest' right now it's alright. Cool to see some progressive stuff into metal, sure beats a lot of today's metal.
dont generalize metal. there are more types of metal then there are Beatles songs. hard to say you hate metal

sans culottes

I don't hate metal. I just find a lot of it to be crap.

And I really hate how people put so many fucking subgenres on metal. One moment I say "Children of Bodom is an o.k. death metal band". Then I'm corrected with "melodic death metal". Then it's "There's not much things that are DEEEEEAAATH about COB! They're extreme power metal!" it's fucktarded.
I support BUSH

Quote from: Co-Z on February 18, 2008, 03:25:06 PM
I don't hate metal. I just find a lot of it to be crap.

And I really hate how people put so many fucking subgenres on metal. One moment I say "Children of Bodom is an o.k. death metal band". Then I'm corrected with "melodic death metal". Then it's "There's not much things that are DEEEEEAAATH about COB! They're extreme power metal!" it's fucktarded.
I'm not a fag about that stuff but if you say stuff thats just way out of place like calling Opeth death metal, I tend to correct people.

Opeth is pretty much progressive metal, not so much death metal though parts are death metal. I wouldn't correct you but if you asked thats what I'd say.

sans culottes

Too much subgenres of metal imo. Like "Gothic funeral doom" as I've heard before. Utter BS.
I support BUSH

Quote from: Co-Z on February 19, 2008, 06:16:35 AM
Too much subgenres of metal imo. Like "Gothic funeral doom" as I've heard before. Utter BS.
No one that actually listens to metal classify anything like that. Those people usually don't care for the music, they care for looking smart when talking about the music but usually are not smart at all.

Go Up