June 23, 2024, 12:41:55 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Guitar

Started by caponehollywood, January 08, 2008, 10:17:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

caponehollywood

So, who here on Boyah plays guitar and what kind of a guitar do you have?

I do and I have a Les Paul Epiphone Special Edition II.

It was only like $150, but it has two humbucker pickups and doesn't buzz that often.
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM
me

10% of the worlds biomass is ants
ants
ants

i am antmaster

Samus Aran

Doesn't buzz "that often?" Those are some pretty worthless humbuckers, then, but I guess that's to be expected on a Les Paul of that price.

I have a Squier Deluxe Strat. Not very good. A Mexican Fender would be around the same price and twice as good. But I didn't know that when I bought this guitar.

Other than Mexican Fender, I've also been looking into getting a genuine Gibson Les Paul Custom eventually. I've also been looking into Gibson Firebirds and Steinberger headless guitars.

I shouldn't be looking so far ahead though, because I still suck ass at actually playing.

caponehollywood

I actaully think it might be my amp, because it's pretty shitty and I've had it for a while. What kind of music do you play?
me

ants
ants

i am antmaster

Samus Aran

Quote from: Doctor Octoganapus on January 08, 2008, 01:39:20 PM
I actaully think it might be my amp, because it's pretty shitty and I've had it for a while. What kind of music do you play?

All sorts of rock and a little bit of simple blues.

Selkie

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I attempted acoustic guitar, My dad bought me a black Gibson education thing that came with a dvd, but the dvd guy sucked so I have to go get some books and teach myself.

Placebo Headwound

I have an Epiphone SG standard. Pic.

Still need to learn to play it.

caponehollywood

Damn thief that guitar is nice.
me

ants
ants

i am antmaster

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jesus on January 08, 2008, 02:26:47 PM
I have an Epiphone SG standard. Pic.

Still need to learn to play it.

SGs are damn nice guitars, but naturally I would've opted for a real Gibson. My friend Kevin's faded Gibson SG is awesome.

caponehollywood

I'd personally be  happy with any SG, because they're just so damn cool.

I played a Gibson SG and it was amazing though.
me

ants
ants

i am antmaster

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on January 08, 2008, 02:33:24 PM
SGs are damn nice guitars, but naturally I would've opted for a real Gibson. My friend Kevin's faded Gibson SG is awesome.
I didn't have $1,200+ to spend on a guitar. ;_;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jesus on January 08, 2008, 03:03:38 PM
I didn't have $1,200+ to spend on a guitar. ;_;

Neither do I.

Still, even an Epiphone SG would sound pretty awesome with a nice tube amp.

Houdini

I have a Mexican Tele. If basses count, I have a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass.

LINK2K9

January 08, 2008, 09:05:44 PM #13 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 09:08:53 PM by LINK2K9
Epiphone Les Paul Standard, cherry sunburst. I would take pictures but I'm currently having my bridge pick up changed. I play it through a Vox AD30 with a Digitech Bad Monkey tube overdrive pedal (Combined with the UK 70s setting and full gain it can push a pretty sweet Jimmy Page tone circa 1970). Nothing much, I need to expand my pedal board instead of relying on the built in amp effects (some are very "meh" sounding, especially the auto wah).

lol lara lol

Go Up