Why do people act like the internet isn't a reliable source for information?

Started by GingaNinja, January 02, 2008, 11:26:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Himu

ncba93ivyase

Internet is more reliable than a book because info on the internet is always up to date.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

UnagiPower

Quote from: M!ppo on January 02, 2008, 03:21:31 PM
Can I ask you a question?

Why is it that, if the time ever comes that a person should argue with you to the point that they win the arguement, and your point is moot, that you can always find something to say, or a question to ask, or do something in reply, so that your point becomes un-moot, or the argument turns in your favor, or you make the other person look like an idiot?

run on sentence, or too many commas, or moot, moot moot.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Lawlz on January 02, 2008, 03:26:36 PM
Internet is more reliable than a book because info on the internet is always up to date.

No. Yes, the internet is up to date, but the book publishers wont give you the time of day if your book sucks. If your book is falsehood, they just say "buh-bye". The internet can be influenced and edited by pretty much Anyone. :^U

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: UnagiPower on January 02, 2008, 03:27:24 PM
run on sentence, or too many commas, or moot, moot moot.

Or maybe there aren't enough commas.

No.  edumacate;

Himu

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: M!ppo on January 02, 2008, 03:30:03 PM
No. Yes, the internet is up to date, but the book publishers wont give you the time of day if your book sucks. If your book is falsehood, they just say "buh-bye". The internet can be influenced and edited by pretty much Anyone. :^U
and publishers are all knowledgeable

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Lawlz on January 02, 2008, 03:31:11 PM
and publishers are all knowledgeable

Well, no.

I guess you're right. You can get anything in America if you have enough money. :^D

The artist formally known

Snorkel

In all seriousness, I hate it when people say that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. Yes, anyone can edit it. But did you know that the University of Chicago, among many other organisations, has done studies and proven more than once that it has a higher percentage of accuracy than the Encyclopedia Brittanica or any other encyclopedia?

niggers

Selkie

I hate when the dumb bitch library lady goes on a rant about how Wikipedia isn't a reliable source simply because it's freely-edited.

It's also probably the most widely used and well-funded information source on the webbernet.

Also, the fact that the entries are monitored and kept under control, unlike personally owned freewebs sites.

Daddy

UnagiPower

Quote from: Valentrinne on January 03, 2008, 12:44:14 PM
In all seriousness, I hate it when people say that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. Yes, anyone can edit it. But did you know that the University of Chicago, among many other organisations, has done studies and proven more than once that it has a higher percentage of accuracy than the Encyclopedia Brittanica or any other encyclopedia?

niggers

NY Times too.

Blaze-Senpai

Quote from: Valentrinne on January 03, 2008, 12:44:14 PM

Thank you <3
niggers
edumacate;

Go Up