September 27, 2024, 02:37:35 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Animu Suggestion Thread

Started by Samus Aran, December 13, 2007, 03:50:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Lawlz posted something similar to this in The Lobby, but this isn't just for me. Use this thread to suggest any animus you've seen, and if anyone's interested, hopefully they'll take your suggestion.

Try not to repeat suggestions that have already been made, but you can certainly add to them or critique them. Feel free to use this thread to tell us about ones we don't want to see, too.

Oh, and don't just state the obvious, like "watch Cowboy Bebop," because we all already know that's a godly animu.

My newest suggestion: Noir.

QuoteThe series follows the story of two young female assassins who embark together on a personal journey to seek answers about mysteries from their past. While at first they seem to be only vaguely related to each other, there are clues and hints given throughout the series that there are more than meets their eyes. During the course of the series, they are lured into more and more traps by a secret organization named Les Soldats ("The Soldiers" in French).

The problems with this anime aren't too big of deals. The one noted frequently is the lack of blood, but there's actually a reason for this. It originally aired on a station that didn't allow blood, so even though there's constant gunshot wounds and deaths in this anime, there's hardly ever a drop of blood.

Another issue I have is that, at least from what I've seen so far, there's a bit too many seeminly pointless flashbacks. It's nice to be reminded of certain events every once in a while, but not every damn episode.

I'm also not too fond of the fact that there isn't much diversity in the soundtrack. Same songs are basically always used.

Other than those little problems, great anime. I give it a 3.5/5.

NOW GIVE US SOME GOD DAMN SUGGESTIONS.

Infel

Lungar Legend Tsukihime/Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Takes place in the same setting as the books, the hentai games, the doujin fighters, and whatever else they made, one key difference from this to all other media is Aozaki Aoko is quiet in it.

It's worth a look.

Samus Aran

Just got done watching "Grave of the Fireflies," a great animu movie from the late 80s about two kids trying to survive after their city is destroyed and their mother is killed during WWII.

Watch it some time. Girls will probably cry because it's got a BAWWWWWWW-ful ending.

Zeta

Mobile Suit Gundam -- Father of the mecha genre. Movie Trilogy is better than the TV series, though
Zeta Gundam -- Sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam. Great series
Space Runaway Ideon -- Another mecha/sci-fi series. Anno says it was a major influence on Evangelion
Samurai X -- Simply kicks ass.

Go Up