April 17, 2024, 10:56:46 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

8 isn't quite the abomination 7 was, of course. it's much more similar to the 2D games, but sadly it seems stuffed with gimmicks and questionable level design so far. one level is like cyber peacock's stage from x4 except excruciatingly long (one challenge room has you stand there for literally 1 whole minute killing enemies until you're allowed to leave) and with some horrid platforming intermissions. another level has you using one of the worst-feeling ride armors in the series to break impassable blocks and get past enemy gauntlet rooms, except it's really easy to lose your ride armor because of how shitty it controls. another has gravity puzzles where the blocks in the room might become insta-kill obstacles if you're not careful. it's not so bad until the walls and floors become lined with SPIKES and there's a "mini-boss" where literally huge blocks with spikes start falling and rising in a cramped room and you're forced to wait it out, with one wrong move meaning instant death. maybe the other 5 levels aren't so bad, but this is the first x game since x3 where the lives system ACTUALLY matters, so all of this shit stands out more than the garbage in x5/x6/x7 imo. END BLOCK OF TEXT

ClassicTyler

Bought: Dark Souls Remastered (Switch) awdood;

Nyerp

ClassicTyler

Samus Aran

Finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Pretty darn good game, though I have a legitimate problem with these types of horror games. The idea of being able to do nothing but run and hide from enemies is great for tension, but once you're hiding, it's kind of just annoying sitting still for two minutes waiting for the spooky music to stop. Also, both this game and Outlast have an issue for me personally where once you actually first see your enemies up close, you can never really take them seriously again because they just look really dumb.

Pretty minor qualms though. It's a very solid game. I liked it a lot more than Outlast. It has a much better grasp on how to work sound design and overall atmosphere into your horror elements. In fact the very first thing I noticed while playing Amnesia for the first time was how damn good the sound design is.

Thyme

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 19, 2018, 01:31:19 PMFinished Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Pretty darn good game, though I have a legitimate problem with these types of horror games. The idea of being able to do nothing but run and hide from enemies is great for tension, but once you're hiding, it's kind of just annoying sitting still for two minutes waiting for the spooky music to stop. Also, both this game and Outlast have an issue for me personally where once you actually first see your enemies up close, you can never really take them seriously again because they just look really dumb.

Pretty minor qualms though. It's a very solid game. I liked it a lot more than Outlast. It has a much better grasp on how to work sound design and overall atmosphere into your horror elements. In fact the very first thing I noticed while playing Amnesia for the first time was how damn good the sound design is.

^^ tec plz

or nyerp, for that matter

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

last finished: breath of the wild as of wednesday

well, you all already know how i've felt about it lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on October 19, 2018, 01:36:27 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on October 19, 2018, 01:31:19 PMFinished Amnesia: The Dark Descent

^^ tec plz

or nyerp, for that matter

soma first nyandood;

we'll see if i manage to survive that one

though i have to imagine that playing soma first is likely to make amnesia feel a little primitive lol

Thyme

Samus Aran

tbh the "primitiveness" of amnesia works really well for it. you're exploring a spooky castle and the plot has heavy lovecraftian and gothic horror elements. the whole thing just screams "classic," in a really good way. so in an odd sort of way, honestly, the relative "old school first person exploration mechanics" thing it has going for it...really kind of works. same goes for the kinda lower-polygon graphics.

Nyerp

oh no there's a ps4 version i literally have no excuse >_<'

6M69I69B9

addicted to dead by daylight atm
and fire emblem heroes lol
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Nyerp

so i bought and downloaded dmc4 se off of psn (it was on sale for ~$9) and i guess i got a "bundle" of the game that unlocks all game modes and characters from the start......and comes packed with enough orbs and souls to get pretty much every move/upgrade whenever i want. i didn't realize this until it was too late, so uhhh i guess i'll just have to exercise a lot of restraint LOL

YPrrrr

70% through spiderman and I just want it to end pls. I'm so bored fighting mobs I've already fought 10000 times

Go Up