October 10, 2024, 06:28:55 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Is hitting your kids effective?

Started by prjuni, October 22, 2007, 01:34:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

prjuni

Do you think its all right for parents to spank or hit kids with a belt for discipline?

NOA_Haunted

Yes, my friend has never been spanked his entire life and hes a freak , he now started collection Michael Myers Mask and is really fucking creepy ask anyone at my school.

ncba93ivyase

The more my father would hit me, the more I would scream and talk back. The few times he talked to me in a calm, casual manner, I would pretty much always listen to him.

I suppose it may work with kids that get brutal beatings with a stick or something, but it only made me worse. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

GingaNinja

It worked on me.  I'm gonna use it on my offspring.

YPrrrr

Spank? Sure
Belt? wtf no

Some kids need force to keep them in line because they realize there's not much words can do.

*Looking at Lawlz' post* Yeah, it definitely depends on the kid

Chris (JayJay)

Depends on the situation and how the kid usually behaves.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Blaj48 on October 22, 2007, 01:39:17 PM
It worked on me.  I'm gonna use it on my offspring.
By the time we have kids and how this society is moving we will be getting spanked by our kids.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on October 22, 2007, 01:40:52 PM
By the time we have kids and how this society is moving we will be getting spanked by our kids.
Because most people are just horrible parents.

If I want my child to respect me, I have to respect him. If I hit him, I'd expect him to hit me back because I'm going to teach him self-defense the second he's out of his mother's womb. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Sam

I wouldn't say a belt is necessary, but I absolutely believe that spanking or slapping a kid's hand is effective.

I mean, who knows,maybe there are more effective methodes, but from babysitting my three little brothers, I can tell you I can talk to them all I want, but it'll never be as effective as "Stop doing that now or you're getting a punch to the face."
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

prjuni

Quote from: Lawlz on October 22, 2007, 01:42:20 PM
Because most people are just horrible parents.

If I want my child to respect me, I have to respect him. If I hit him, I'd expect him to hit me back because I'm going to teach him self-defense the second he's out of his mother's womb. psyduck;
Then when you get old, the kids will do whatever they, if you tell them they cant, then they will. Since you just lost the power over them, since they have nothing to fear.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: prjuni on October 22, 2007, 01:47:21 PM
Then when you get old, the kids will do whatever they, if you tell them they cant, then they will. Since you just lost the power over them, since they have nothing to fear.
... And I wouldn't want my child to fear me. If I gain his respect, and he respects me, then he should be a good son. If he fears or hates me, then he's going to intentionally go against whatever I request.

YPrrrr

Quote from: prjuni on October 22, 2007, 01:47:21 PM
...except fear itself

[spoiler]I win powerofone;[/spoiler]

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Lawlz on October 22, 2007, 01:49:39 PM
... And I wouldn't want my child to fear me. If I gain his respect, and he respects me, then he should be a good son. If he fears or hates me, then he's going to intentionally go against whatever I request.
Wtf are you talking about your never going to have kids.

Daddy

Some children need a smack across their face.

ncba93ivyase

Go Up