October 10, 2024, 04:22:56 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Is hitting your kids effective?

Started by prjuni, October 22, 2007, 01:34:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FullmetalGanon

spanks are fun. nothing worse, though. and not too hard.

Daddy

YPrrrr

j o e i n c

Quote from: Lawlz on October 22, 2007, 01:37:59 PM
The more my father would hit me, the more I would scream and talk back. The few times he talked to me in a calm, casual manner, I would pretty much always listen to him.

I suppose it may work with kids that get brutal beatings with a stick or something, but it only made me worse. psyduck;
LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE WASN'T HIT HARD ENOUGH.

prjuni

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 22, 2007, 03:30:27 PM
2 FOR FLINCHING
also you may not pass go, you must not collect 200 dollars  flower;

YPrrrr

Quote from: prjuni on October 22, 2007, 03:38:10 PM
also you may not pass go, you must not collect 200 dollars  flower;

I think I'll go take the free parking money now gentleman;

The Speaker Of Words

I think sometimes a belt is necessary. A spank or a slap on the hand will do nothing if the kid's over 5 years old.
I personally was never hit, cause I'm a good kid, but some kids deserve much worse.
BTW, I know how it feels to get hit with a belt.

Himu

When my mom and dad hit me it just made me even worse.  But when they just tell me to stop, in a calm manner, I stop. caterpie;

Samus Aran

No matter what the punishment is, it's useless unless it's done immediately and it becomes predictable for a child. If you pull the old "you just wait 'til we get home" threat, you'll end up punishing the child for the wrong behaviors.

Daddy

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 22, 2007, 07:32:42 PM
No matter what the punishment is, it's useless unless it's done immediately and it becomes predictable for a child. If you pull the old "you just wait 'til we get home" threat, you'll end up punishing the child for the wrong behaviors.
ya.

I think the child should get a nice smack across the face right there.

Just hard enough to leave a stinging sensation, but not hard enough to leave any bruises.

V

October 22, 2007, 09:10:17 PM #25 Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:13:39 PM by Dante
Quote from: Lawlz on October 22, 2007, 01:42:20 PM
Because most people are just horrible parents.

If I want my child to respect me, I have to respect him. If I hit him, I'd expect him to hit me back because I'm going to teach him self-defense the second he's out of his mother's womb. psyduck;

lol lawlz teaching a kid self-defense. spam;

yes, beat the kid if he acts up. not to the point the kid's screaming, but enough to keep them disciplined.

Andrios

Eh, no.  I think other forms of punishment are more effective.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Shannon on October 22, 2007, 11:29:23 PM

Punishment generally isn't as effective as it should be in the the first place, regardless of what sort of punishment it is. Reinforcing the right attitudes is generally a better idea.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Sorbet on October 22, 2007, 07:30:56 PM
When my mom and dad hit me it just made me even worse.  But when they just tell me to stop, in a calm manner, I stop. caterpie;
srsly
Quote from: Shannon on October 22, 2007, 11:29:23 PM
KAKI IS THE BEST MOTHER HERE, SO WE CAN TRUST HER. powerofone;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hyper

Yeah, but only if they're little bastards.

Children are for suckers.  caterpie;

Go Up