October 14, 2024, 04:24:53 PM

1,531,331 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dumbledore is a faggot

Started by Andrew1911, October 19, 2007, 09:51:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andrew1911

Seriously.

QuoteJ.K. Rowling Outs Hogwarts Character
By HILLEL ITALIE ? 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) ? Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay. J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall.

After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

Potter readers on fan sites and elsewhere on the Internet have speculated on the sexuality of Dumbledore, noting that he has no close relationship with women and a mysterious, troubled past. And explicit scenes with Dumbledore already have appeared in fan fiction.

Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore. A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.

Rowling, finishing a brief "Open Book Tour" of the United States, her first tour here since 2000, also said that she regarded her Potter books as a "prolonged argument for tolerance" and urged her fans to "question authority."

Not everyone likes her work, Rowling said, likely referring to Christian groups that have alleged the books promote witchcraft. Her news about Dumbledore, she said, will give them one more reason.

Andrew1911

So, the question of the moment is did Snape commit a hate crime?

Necro

Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 19, 2007, 09:53:19 PM
Indeed.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Houdini

Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 19, 2007, 09:53:19 PM
It wasn't a hate crime, it was assisted suicide.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Guava on October 19, 2007, 09:56:59 PM
It wasn't a hate crime, it was assisted suicide.

Assisted gay suicide.

I'm sure that had something to motivate Snape's decision.

Samus Aran

Houdini

Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 19, 2007, 09:58:29 PM
Assisted gay suicide.

I'm sure that had something to motivate Snape's decision.
Um, I really don't feel like arguing about fictional characters. It's almost as stupid as debating over the bible.

Necro

Quote from: Guava on October 19, 2007, 10:00:38 PM
Um, I really don't feel like arguing about fictional characters. It's almost as stupid as debating over the bible.
I know. Those retarded agnostics just don't know when to stop.

[/irony]
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Go Up