April 18, 2024, 08:49:57 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm conflicted.

Started by ClassicTyler, April 16, 2007, 06:31:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Solar and Lunar

Quote from: metal eyeball on April 30, 2007, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:31:31 PM
After I came out of the closet, my friends (real, offline friends) are split. Some are happy for me, while others are indifferent. Their reason? God.

Tonight, my fellow Boyah members, I am seeking answers. I want somebody to give me PROOF (either by PM or posting here) that there is a God. Also, I want scriptures saying my lifestyle is a sin.
Back to my friends,  they are always trying to change me. They want me back to being straight so "I can live in eternal peace."

HOLY LAWLZON.
If God loved his children, why would he send them to hell? Adam and Eve were related. They has sex. Incest is a sin. We are all dieing of sin, if that be the case.

Help needed. Thanks.

Wait, you're gay?

And Jesus never actually said anything about gayness being bad. It's just those damn politicians spreading propaganda, warping an honest religion.

According to Mr.Own God did in fact say something about gays but they're not really sure...Maybe he said that they were fabulous!
No, I've never heard of that site. Yes, you are very cool for knowing about them. Yes, I will join as soon as possible. No, I'm not kidding. God, shut up already!

Ownage Baby

Metal Eyeball, refer to first post on page two, and then rethink your post.

*Boo*

May 01, 2007, 07:34:41 PM #47 Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:38:07 PM by *Boo*
Just look around. I mean if there isn't a higher power...what is there? Isn't it comforting to know what will happen when we die?

And as far as being gay, I do not believe that God will send all gay people to hell. Actually, I am Mormon, so we believe in three Kingdoms of heaven. Terrestrial, Telestial, and Celestial. Hell is basically outer darkness...but only horrible, I mean jsut terrible people go there. It's not like because you're gay you will burn in hell. Now the three Kingdoms of heaven, celestial is for righteous people, who lived good, moral lives. Telestial is sort of for people like us, just average Joe's, I mean we sin but we don't go on killing sprees and live completely immorally. Terrestrial, you would still kill yourself to go there but it is for people who just...well, I am not an expert.

However, we also believe each person is judged individually. Obviously some people were raised to do bad things. If you were brought up as...just a random example, a buddhist, you would be judged on you lived your life as a buddhist. But in heaven you would be taught more.

It might seem weird from an outsider's view if you know nothing about Mormonism, but most of our views are really twisted by people who don't know about us. I have had a person who didn't really believe in God tell me he believed in Mormonism. I went to a catholic school, I just didn't agree with all that.

But I repeat, I am not an expert on my own religion, so don't take everything I say as like solid answers.
That is me in my icon. S1lver tapped me and is the father of our child. He is the wittle egg in :). Caterpie.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: *Boo* on May 01, 2007, 07:34:41 PM
I mean if there isn't a higher power...what is there?
Just life. Nothing more, but possibly less.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up