March 18, 2024, 11:33:26 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Where are Boyah's vegetarians?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 19, 2017, 10:46:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Why aren't you a vegetarian?

i like meat
6 (28.6%)
adopting a vegetarian diet would be a significant lifestyle change that would take serious commitment
7 (33.3%)
increased nutritional costs
3 (14.3%)
local town environment offers little-no support for a strict vegetarian diet
1 (4.8%)
social ostracization (eg., eating with friends/family might become a huge pain)
4 (19%)
i am either indifferent to or actively enjoy the idea of brutally mutilating, murdering and eviscerating innocent creatures by the millions on a daily basis
0 (0%)
other (explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

you would almost certainly be an objectively healthier person if you adhered to a sensible, well-balanced vegetarian diet

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism#Health_effects

and yet, for some reason, you don't

justify you'reself's

you may vote for any and all applicable poll options

YPrrrr

I mean if you properly portioned meat it's just as healthy as any well balanced veggie diet. Obviously most people don't but js

I eat meat because it tastes good that's pretty much it

silvertone

i was a vegetarian for a long as s time, i feel a lot better off the diet  but there's probably a few factors in this.

??????

I get 8-10 servings of veggies a day
my fruit are just a mix of blackberries and strawberries
come to think of it, my diet is vegetarian (eggs and diary don't count, do they?)
on days where I don't exercise I eat turkey meat (1% fat)
I used to eat bacon on my rest days but it was a hassle to soak up all that grease I switched to using towels and didn't know bacon grease couldn't get easily removed from them so I needed to toss them away

I'm not a genuine vegetarian because I still like lamb and chicken and veal  :3

Hiro

i don't eat a ton of meat anyway, i like meat and all but i would be very happy if everyone ate a lot less of it and didn't require an unhealthy portion of meat as the centerpiece or every meal
i'm too poor/lazy to be vegetarian, just way too much work for something i'm not that devoted to

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on August 19, 2017, 10:54:20 PM
I mean if you properly portioned meat it's just as healthy as any well balanced veggie diet.

i guess it also depends on the meat

i'm not sure cattle has any long-term benefits at all

pork is less bad, but still not great

lamb and especially goat are decent

and poultry is probably the least terrible meat nutrition-wise

but beef is truly the worst

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: SVT on August 19, 2017, 11:00:55 PM
i was a vegetarian for a long as s time, i feel a lot better off the diet  but there's probably a few factors in this.

was did a typical day's worth of vegetarian meals look like for you lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 20, 2017, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: YPargh on August 19, 2017, 10:54:20 PM
I mean if you properly portioned meat it's just as healthy as any well balanced veggie diet.

i guess it also depends on the meat

i'm not sure cattle has any long-term benefits at all

pork is less bad, but still not great

lamb and especially goat are decent

and poultry is probably the least terrible meat nutrition-wise

but beef is truly the worst
It's all protein, fat, and sodium - basic nutritional needs

I will say poultry tends to be my favorite family of meats though with pork in second place. The only beef I probably eat semi-regularly is hamburgers. Steak is mehhhhh

Samus Aran

I just really love meat that's my only reason

LCK

i was a vegetarian for about 4 years and now i'm a pescetarian

it was no problem at all. i never cared much for meat anyway. most of the time i just ate deli meat and cheap crap anyway.
i decided to become pescetarian sometime last year, mainly because i never had much opportunity to eat seafood. what I had eaten, though, was always delicious. then i took a road trip to the east coast and i was determined to try as many new things as i could and just realized i enjoy it all.
i keep it all in moderation.

my gf is a vegan, though, so that's all pretty abundant here. many days i just end up eating vegan anyway because i make god damn delicious food whether it's vegan or not

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on August 19, 2017, 11:04:00 PM
come to think of it, my diet is vegetarian (eggs and diary don't count, do they?)

i wouldn't say they do

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on August 19, 2017, 11:04:00 PM
I'm not a genuine vegetarian because I still like lamb and chicken and veal  :3

i don't think you really have to go full 100% perfect pure vegetarian to get the benefits of the diet

Quote from: ƕɾο on August 20, 2017, 01:38:07 AM
i would be very happy if everyone ate a lot less of it and didn't require an unhealthy portion of meat as the centerpiece or every meal

agreed

meat is an ecological disaster that takes much more energy per calorie to produce and contributes massivley to climate change

Quote from: http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-co2-from-cars-427843.htmlLivestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming

Quote from: http://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/197623/icode/Cattle (raised for both beef and milk, as well as for inedible outputs like manure and draft power) are the animal species responsible for the most emissions, representing about 65% of the livestock sector’s emissions.

cows are absolutely animalistic

silvertone

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 20, 2017, 09:35:46 PM
Quote from: SVT on August 19, 2017, 11:00:55 PM

was did a typical day's worth of vegetarian meals look like for you lol
pasta/beans/rice rando veggies and eggs.

i am going to try cutting back because meat is expensive and takes awhile to prepare for it to be good. unless its sandwich meat but then thats 2 salty for the amount i need

LCK

i was vegetarian for four years and now i'm pescetarian.
my gf is vegan and god damn i make good food all around for all of it

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: YPargh on August 20, 2017, 11:42:44 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 20, 2017, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: YPargh on August 19, 2017, 10:54:20 PMI mean if you properly portioned meat it's just as healthy as any well balanced veggie diet.
Steak is mehhhhh
aint been eating good steak tho

ive been cooking up some bomb ass steak recently. Steak is top tier but i will not buy it often.

C.Mongler

i was vegetarian for 4 years

i just like a good piece of peruvian chicken im afraid

Go Up