that one particular food item for which you have exactly 0 tolerance

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 12, 2017, 05:28:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 19, 2017, 07:02:37 PM
i've had a small order of mcdonald's fries sitting in my fridge for about 3 days now

i got through about half of them on day 2, with the help of copious amounts of sauces

but i don't know if i have it in me to bring myself to ever finish them

honestly, no amount of ketchup could possibly save those awful """fries""", i may as well be eating sun-dried shoelaces

the only consistently good fast food fries i've ever had are from checkers, which i don't think even exists west of the mississippi river

compare and contrast:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]
it does we have Rallys here in Yuma
Quote from: ƕɾο on August 18, 2017, 07:39:55 PM
i guess a little ketchup is good for corndogs too
but seriously ketchup on a burger is pointless especially if you have tomato on it already
i don't like the added sweetness either

Quote from: YPargh on August 18, 2017, 04:22:13 PM
I liked Wendys old fries the best the new ones are pretty generic imo.
their old fries were the generic ones goonish
nah the old ones tasted like potatoes the new ones are bland

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler=spoiler:]

but potatoes are naturally bland[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 19, 2017, 09:57:08 PM

Nah son.

In N Out and Wendy's fries currently taste like nothing. Actually that's too mean the Wendy's fries still kind of taste like potatoes. In N Out s are just worthless - no flavor

Mando Pandango

vinegar is useless for just about anything that isn't salad dressing. please stop trying to pass it off as a real condiment thank you.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

silvertone

Quote from: Pop"icl...! on August 19, 2017, 10:22:28 PM
vinegar is useless for just about anything that isn't salad dressing. please stop trying to pass it off as a real condiment thank you.
FUCK OFF

Hiro

what the fuck popsi i never thought i would disagree with you so much on something
vinegar is life

and tec come on, ketchup and tomatoes taste at least a little bit similar, and flavor-wise mostly cover the same bases on a hamburger
also tec what did you end up doing with those in-n-out leftovers

aubrey how can you even say that about in-n-out's fries, they have some of the most unique-tasting fries out there.
what fries do you consider good then? is the main qualifier for "flavorful fries" just having a ton of salt???

there are a few rally's in arizona but they're rare enough that i've never been to one, really want to though

Mando Pandango

if you're gonna get fast food chicken nuggies + fries, ya gotta go to wendy's

no question
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

Quote from: ƕɾο on August 20, 2017, 01:42:56 AM
what the fuck popsi i never thought i would disagree with you so much on something
vinegar is life

and tec come on, ketchup and tomatoes taste at least a little bit similar, and flavor-wise mostly cover the same bases on a hamburger

aubrey how can you even say that about in-n-out's fries, they have some of the most unique-tasting fries out there.
what fries do you consider good then? is the main qualifier for "flavorful fries" just having a ton of salt???

there are a few rally's in arizona but they're rare enough that i've never been to one, really want to though
yeah because in n outs fries taste like nothing. It's very unique. Worst fries NA.

5 guys usually has good fries. The thicker cut fry the better honestly. It's why Wendy's used to have my favorite basic fast food fries. They probably still are honestly but they lost something imo. Rallys is good like Tec said. I like McDonald's although Idk why. That one is probably just the salt and oil because they don't taste like potatoes either.

Favorite cut of fries is steak fries

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on August 19, 2017, 10:13:30 PM

Nah son.

Would you eat mashed potatoes with absolutely no butter or salt? befuddlement

ketchup is far more flavorful than your average sad, limp, bloated grocery store sandwich tomato is

maybe if hamburgers used cherry tomatoes or some other more flavorful variety, ketchup might be less necessary

i finished them, but the burger was definitely the star of the show lol

i'm glad i got the fries animal style because otherwise i probably would have had to resort to ketchup or some other sauce to finish them

DO IT

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 20, 2017, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: YPargh on August 19, 2017, 10:13:30 PM

Nah son.

Would you eat mashed potatoes with absolutely no butter or salt? befuddlement

ketchup is far more flavorful than your average sad, limp, bloated grocery store sandwich tomato is

maybe if hamburgers used cherry tomatoes or some other more flavorful variety, ketchup might be less necessary

i finished them, but the burger was definitely the star of the show lol

i'm glad i got the fries animal style because otherwise i probably would have had to resort to ketchup or some other sauce to finish them

DO IT
Yes and I do it frequently I love mashed potatoes. I mean usually they're made with butter or sour cream tho

They're better with gravy obv. but nothing wrong with some plain mashers

Kalahari Inkantation

Well, I would definitely struggle to eat a plain, completely unseasoned potato. Maybe that's why generic salt-only french fries don't do anything for me. myface;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 20, 2017, 11:42:09 PM
Well, I would definitely struggle to eat a plain, completely unseasoned potato. Maybe that's why generic salt-only french fries don't do anything for me. myface;
Okay I might've misused bland tbh.

A plain potato would be pretty boring yeah. I like the flavor of potato so I wouldn't like to describe it as bland because it is a great basis for so many things (I am Polish after all). But yeah it usually needs something to complement it. When I said In n Out fries were bland I meant that they didn't even have basic potato flavor they taste like nothingness it is the weirdest thing.

Also sweet potatoes can smd

Go Up