March 18, 2024, 11:50:20 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Last place you went out to eat

Started by Samus Aran, August 09, 2017, 12:22:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Ivy and I went to a neat little German restaurant on Monday. It's called the Black Forest Inn, and it's in Uptown Minneapolis. Had a slice of pork schnitzel and a side of spƤtzle. Their in-house gravy on both. Really good stuff. Ivy got this really amazing Bavarian pork sandwich with sauce and cheese melted on top. Made me wish I'd gotten one, but she did let me have a few bites. Some sort of really good potato salad on the side.

Where did you last go to get some delicious food?

TooB

YPrrrr

The last place I got food from was McDonald's

The last amazing place I went out to was about a month ago when my parents took me to Ocean 362 in the Virgin Islands. Super fancy food I felt kind of bad ordering it and cocktails knowing my parents wouldn't let me spend a dime. But the view of the bay as the sun set was killer so between that and the food it was probably worth the price they paid

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Thyme

uuuuuuuuuhhh mcdonalds lol, like 4 weeks ago
the skor mcflurry is p. baller tbh

but uh yeah i don't go out to eat v. often
there's this boulangerie close from work where i get takeout a lot tho

strongbad

went to this cool bar last night that has like 50+ beers on tap that also usually has some hip food truck out front. my and my gf split some fish and chips and i had a nice citra ipa

Travis

currently eating sonic for the first time in probably 5 years. i swore to never go there again after this one time i went and waited in line for like 30-45 mins and when i finally got to the window they go "sorry we actually just closed and don't have any food for you lol" but yeah their food is actually pretty decent for what it is

YPrrrr

Quote from: Travis on August 10, 2017, 06:04:22 PM
currently eating sonic for the first time in probably 5 years. i swore to never go there again after this one time i went and waited in line for like 30-45 mins and when i finally got to the window they go "sorry we actually just closed and don't have any food for you lol" but yeah their food is actually pretty decent for what it is
A line at sonic?????

Don't ya just order at the individual parking spaces?

Travis

August 11, 2017, 12:16:34 AM #9 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:22:30 AM by Travis
Quote from: YPargh on August 10, 2017, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: Travis on August 10, 2017, 06:04:22 PM
A line at sonic?????

Don't ya just order at the individual parking spaces?
yeah you can but there's also a drive thru

LCK

Hey I know where that is!
It's right near Glam doll donuts.

And coincidentally, the last place I went to eat was The Bad Waitress, also near Black Forest Inn
diner style breakfast and dinner that offers multiple vegan options
all of their tables are labeled as superheroes or villains so that's neat too

Joice

i went to a sushi-go-round today for lunch, didn't eat much. i made a video about it on twitter

https://twitter.com/oishiimelonpan/status/896260196061724673

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Joice on August 12, 2017, 06:23:15 AM
i went to a sushi-go-round today for lunch, didn't eat much. i made a video about it on twitter

ne@

what was pricing like y/n

[spoiler]

my first exposure to the concept of a sushi-go-round was in that pokemon stadium minigame, i was very surprised to learn years later that they're a real thing lol[/spoiler]

Joice

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 12, 2017, 02:29:18 PM
Quote from: Joice on August 12, 2017, 06:23:15 AM

ne@

what was pricing like y/n

[spoiler]

my first exposure to the concept of a sushi-go-round was in that pokemon stadium minigame, i was very surprised to learn years later that they're a real thing lol[/spoiler]

100 yen (a little less than $1) per plate, but some dishes can go upwards to around 280 yen- usually the "what's in season/limited edition" items.

it can get pretty expensive fast if you eat a lot because shit adds up but its worth it. if my husband and i eat together, our bill averages to about 3500 yen, about $32, but if i go by myself it's usually around 1200 yen (~$10)

YPrrrr

Today I went to Donut Bar in San Diego which had a few different awards for best in CA and top ten nationally

Waited an hour to make it through line but the donuts are really good. The poptart one is crazy it has an entire poptart inside along with jam and the whole thing is glaze and topped with icing and a strawberry compote.

I still kinda think a plain glazed donut is as good as you can get though y/n

Go Up